Skip to content

Project Health Upgrades

edited October 2012 in Feature Requests
Amazing program, basically the SB of multi platforms!

Few things I see are weak, specially if you run over 40 plus campaigns, I see all the updates, this added,  this is faster,  minor bug fix etc,
all awesome, but wanted to start a thread to focus on some stuff that's not getting worked on as much it seems.

Basically anything to do with your  projects health seems to be underdeveloped-eventually its the issue for me.

Emails getting blacklisted, not OK, nor do we want to check weekly 50 emails.

If keywords stop producing enough targets and the campaign starts to just die, really hard to track on a LOT of projects, maybe
a function where when a site is not hitting its daily target, an extra tab on the project window is activated with issues for its downhill slide,
and project would change color to maybe red- meaning pay attention to this project. ....just ideas, idk best way to do this.

Those are my two issues, and am sure more advanced users have some items to add, please do.  I dig the software not being neg just for the fun of it
but looking to see how we think it can be better. I know a lot of this is covered everywhere, but maybe a thread just on this subject will be more useful to the developer.

Cheers

Comments

• @robertstr...Blacklisted emails are (have been) a problem. One good way around this problem is with "catchall" emails. There have been several threads spread around that have touched on the topic. I just posted a new thread today that gives a lot more details about how to effectively use them.

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/626/details-on-using-catchall-emails
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @DavidA2 - see here. Issue is not the catchall, but actually checking if the emails are blacklisted.

Also - regarding status, I would suggest an extra column that shows number of daily submitted/verified links per project (like at the bottom, but per project) This way you can see which projects are slowing down and then troubleshoot. 
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks David,
    But Global is more on target for what I mean,  the way the it FEELS to me is, they built a bad ass race car but no gas gauge. Needs a bit more love on the project health and management issues.  For example, I did not know for quite a while that if you dont load enough keywords, you just start to trickle to a slow crawl. While it makes sense once you know how it works, great... But still I dont really know what projects are running out of keywords to pull from. ...and guessing just does not work that well when you have a LOT of projects.

Cheers
  • +1 for most suggestions above

- per project submission verifications counters
    - checking of email health and/or automatic replacement from a list of emails but keep checking once in a while for verifications using the last email used
    - warning about keywords not bringing anymore results for the target platforms