Skip to content

Email Blacklist

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited August 2012 in Feature Requests
I have a number of projects loaded and each set of 4 projects (i.e. per website group) I use a hotmail account for. 

I noticed today that many of the emails have been blacklisted on forum spam. 1st time I have checked in two weeks. 

Would it be possible for the software to check 1 per day/ 1 per week, if the email is blacklisted and then maybe give us a warning so that we can resolve it? Maybe just a little star/alert in status bar that when we click on shows us the blacklisted emails?

I can do it manually, would be so much better if it did the check for you!
Tagged:

Comments

• +1 for this. My emails are getting blacklisted sometimes multiple times a day, so it's really a time consuming job to check this manualy every time. Definitely +1 for any kind of solution for this problem (or even better a way to have a queue of backup emails).
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Bytefaker - totally agree. I've just run into this problem and it's a nightmare. 

Surely everybody who is using the software runs into this problem? (I see @S4ntos often giving feedback that people's email is blacklisted and that's the problem!)

• I ran into the same thing today as well and was going to post a question for a feature.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Any other ideas on from GSA users on how to solve this issue efficiently?
  • there is also another thread anout this and here is a good idea
    in solving this problem
    https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/230#Comment_230

let me summarize it in a way that I understand it

per project email verification will allow us to input a list of
    email#username#password
    which can be imported if properly formatted
    one email would always be the default one and used for current submissions
    each email will have internally a check for blacklisted or not blacklisted

once a day GSA SER checks if the current email is blacklisted above a threshold (5 mentions lets say)
    in that case it mark email as blacklisted
    and will pick another email from the list for (not blacklisted) and use that for submission

all other emails will continue to be checked for a period of 2-3 days after being blacklisted
    for latecoming emails/verifications

I am too facing this problem and it has become very tedious to check email manually
    and input another email to work with and on top of this I usually set the project for a day
    in active (verify only) mode in order not to miss any latecoming emails

+1 for implementing such a feature

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @GiorgiosK & @Sven - this seems like a great idea and would help everyone who is getting low submission rates due to email blacklists (many users don't check this from what I see on the forums) and save many users time on this aspect of GSA.

Would this be possible to implement?
  • ronron SERLists.com

The problem I see with this solution is that you want to go into your hotmail to set up the new rule that message 'contain @' and send to inbox.

If it automatically grabs a new email, then you will have a lot of verification emails in junk mail, and then unprocessed, right?.

• edited September 2012
    When you buy a few hundred hotmails, you can use S4nt0s tool (search BHW for it) and set all emails to deactivate spam filter by the related filter rule. So having a queue of backup emails should be the problem.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Ahhhh. Didn't know about that. I will find it. Thanks a bunch!
  • BTW - Some of this info about emails/spam filters/blacklists should be put in the FAQ thread!

I have been wondering for several days why my projects seemed to not be working as well. It took me a little searching around the forum to find this info. I don't know for sure that this is my problem, but I am 95% certain. Either way, it is good info and should go in the FAQ.
  • What do i have to do if the error is :

Error Logging in to your pop3 server.

• OzzOzz
    edited September 2012
  • @Ozz Thanks sir Ozz
  • @Ozz Thanks sir Ozz
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    So it seems the best results are to use a catchall. BUT the focus of this thread is the painful way of manually checking each project/email to see if it's blacklisted. (Not the adding of emails or catchalls)

What I'm trying to achieve here is a little autocheck button for ALL projects email for blacklist feature. If anybody else finds this useful please add your thoughts, or if not, tell me why. 

If you have 50 projects, you need to go into each project and check each email. Fine if you have a very fast connection but if you have a slow connection...it's a painful process. 
  • GiorgosKGiorgosK Greece
    edited October 2012
    As I have mentioned in another thread
    hotmail.com with the new interface (outlook free of charge to upgrade)
    will let you create aliases of your basic email
    so in other words one can have 6 emails with 1 login email
    which can last for about 6 times the time it usually takes for a single email

this eases a little bit the pain of having to change the email
    while still waiting for some verifications to come in late
    without stopping the project from submitting more links

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/3444#Comment_3444

EDIT:
    also the new interface I just realized will let you
    inbox > option > Sending/receiving email from other accounts
    might come in handy to just keep one account for
    logging in and verification and all other accounts and aliases
    as submission emails (have not tried it yet)
  • Quoted from GlobalGoogler

If you have 50 projects, you need to go into each project and check each email. Fine if you have a very fast connection but if you have a slow connection...it's a painful process.

+1 on this one,

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @GiorgiosK - I am referring to the checking of the emails to see if they are blacklisted. Even with a hotmail account, you still have to check all 50 aliases, which can take a while.