Skip to content

About google juice leaking for our links

bloupbloupbloupbloup Spain
edited September 2013 in Other / Mixed
Whether we create articles on a wiki, web 2.0 or any sites, there are already outgoing links on the page template where we post the article with our links.

For example:
I have a wordpress blog. On my article i added 12 links to my website in a text that counts 277 words.
There are two links to wordpress (i guess google consider 2nd level domain as different). 

So, i guess that when my TIER 2 websites hit this page, i lose 2/12*100 =16.66% of google juice.

What do you think?

It would be great to outnumber the number of existing outgoing links to get more google juice from our articles
But how many outgoing links to our website is too much? 
Tagged:

Comments

• I'd say that's too much.

You really want no more than one or two links from each article to your site.
  • There is one issue regarding a low number of outgoing links in our articles. 

When you submit to the article engine of GSA, and when you look at verified links afterwards, you can see in a column the total number of external links. Most of the time there are at least already 4 outgoing links on the template of an articles' website.

So if we embed only one link in our text, it means we are going to get only 1 / (4+1) * 100 = 20% of the google juice if we create a Tier 2 project that points to the said article page. 

I guess some articles directory webmasters understood that and while we are creating links to their article page we also send the majority of the created google juice to their websites.

• Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    Yes this is true, but this is why I use back link monitor to check my links and initially start targeting those high PR low OBL links first.
  • bloupbloupbloupbloup Spain
    edited October 2013
    Thanks Tim89, 
    I totally forgot there were this option in GSA to filter by OBL of page... Oh my god it is the begining of Alzeihemer  :)

Thank you for this answer. I discover how useful this forum is. 

Let me explain...

I have two projects. One TIER 1 with engine ARTICLE. Under this project i have a Tier 2 project with engine blog comment, guestbook, img comment. 

So, i should ask GSA to filter the article discovery by number of existing OBL on a page. Otherwise, my TIER 2 project is going to build up links for other webmasters. 

Example: GSA find a Tier 1 article directory to post to. It posts my article to a page but there are 50 OBLs on the page already and i inject only 3 links. So, my tier 2 project will create links against this newly created article URL, and it will send google juice more for those 50 OBLS that already exist on the page rather than my 3 links.

Great comment Thank you... i run to GSA now. settings to do