Skip to content

Additional engines

edited October 2012 in Need Help
I recently purchased Wicked Article Creator and it adds content for German and Polish engines by default. Of the 1001 engines available we're only using less than 200. How do can you enable more and is it worth the trouble?

Comments

• I doubt that Sven has a copy of WAC so you need to be more specific (screenshots, etc.) to get a good response.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    yep :)
  • oh I meant in a general sense with nothing to do with WAC. How do you incorporate more search engines in your campaigns?
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    Are you talking about search engines for searching target URLs or are you talking about engines/platform where SER can create backlinks to?

**I'm confused**

Please be more specific with examples if you expect to get any useful response to your request.

BTW, do you think that you opened this thread in the correct category ("Need Help")? Or is this a "Feature Request" or about "New Engines/Platforms"??
  • edited October 2012

Here's what I'm talking about. And btw, comments like "if you expect to get any useful response to your request" aren't necessary.

Thanks again.

Yes, it's in the correct category because I'm asking a question about a feature, not request a feature or submitting a engine/platform.
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    ?? No one of us has a copy of WAC. How should we know of what you are talking about if you don't give any examples, screenshots, etc. ?

I ´don't think I was rude in any way.

Regarding your question: 
    -> right click -> check all
    OR 
    -> right click -> check by country -> poland
    -> right click -> check by country -> germany
    to add all german and polish SEs.

To activate a single SE just check the box in front of every SE with a left mouseclick.

• It wasn't based on WAC but nonetheless I should have provided a screen shot.

Would it do any good to select all of the search engines? What I'm asking about is with WAC it includes the articles/comments for Polish and German so is anything else required to use the other search engines?

Thanks again.
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    I get it now that it wasn't related to WAC but if you reread your post you have to admit that it was confusing and most of us would have thought that you talk about another thing than "Search Engines". 

However, if you really want to know if the german/polish SEs are giving you good results you have to test them one by one. You can use "Search online for URLs" in Options -> Advanced -> Tools for this. Just add a footprint to your search and compare the results of each polish/german SEs.

If you want to create backlinks to german/polish sites these SEs might be necessary because you will get country-specific target URLs.
  • If I select all of the search engines, what kind of content does it take to make it work?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Using search engines other than english once would make sense if you use keywords in other languages. Though some targets might only popup when using foreign search engines as the search query is e.g. "Powered by XYZ" but the rest of the site is German. In that case it would also make sense. But that are not as many sites as the rest.