Skip to content

how many projects do you guys run and on what setup?

i have a vps 2 gigs forgot the cpu xeon 2gigs or so but its shared resources not dedicated.

currently have 9 projects going and using publics.

my ranking increases are coming along sooooooo slowly tho im thinking i have to crank things up bigtime duping all my projects by maybe 5 or 10 fold.

so wondering how many projects you guys run stably and on what systems.

i recall gooner saying he had 70 active projects so it seems i have ALOT of room for improvment.

Comments

• Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    I run my campaigns like this;

I target ten main keywords per site, I run 5 sites at the moment, that's 50 keywords,

Each keyword campaign has 9 projects, 'tiers'.

That's 450 projects all going at once, that's how I run them, don't know how others run there's and to be fair I don't really care.

You do what works for you...

All those projects are run from my home machine with a home connection, running at around 500 - 1000 threads.

Connection; 100mb up / 20mb down
    PC:

Asus maximus v extreme
    Intel i7 3770k
    32gig corsair ram, can't remember the specific module, roughly 2800mhz

The machine is quite the beast however I do find when running around 500+ threads, I can't browse the internet using my connection, but the PC is fine to use for producing multimedia videos photoshop tools etc.
  • edited September 2013
    Thanks for info.

wow. seems like i have ALOT of catching up to do. :)

Well yes you do what works for you but ive yet to find something that works for me so I have to try diff methods.

Lol all that thru your home connection, aren't you afraid of getting banned by your isp?
  • by the way how do you make so many projects without losing your mind?
    edited September 2013
    I'm not afraid of being banned.

I once used over 350 gigabytes of bandwidth in almost a week using a youtube bot and nothing happened to my connection..

I like the money I make from it and it provides a roof over my head and food on the table, what work doesn't make you lose your mind? It's work, there are other methods of work but it all boils down to money, what would you rather be doing? Slaving away in an office 'losing your mind' for someone else's benefit or doing it for yourself..

Anyway why would a internet provider 'ban' you if you're a paying customer, I've never had any issues with that stuff.. And if they did ban me, I'd simply switch connection or pay for a business line..
  • Ture true.

may i ask what you are doing to index your links as that is my main bottleneck. GSA again on lower tiers is it?
  • grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    Hi @Tim89 you must be advanced in gsa and have a lot of experience if you are able to make living with this tool. I hope you will find time to answer my questions :

1. are you runnig all those campaigns mainly using lists from scrapebox or are you rather select searchengines from gsa and let the program harvest links while running campaigns
    2. Each keyword campaign has 9 projects, 'tiers'. Does it mean something like 3x tier1, 3x tier2 and 3x tier 3 or are you doing all 9 for 1st tier and use other tool for indexing and other tiers ? 
    3. Which platforms are in your opinion best to focus on, when building tier 1 and which it's better to avoid in the "first line"?
    4. You said you focus on 10 kws / site, however everyone's talking about the importance of keywords density, giving examples of sites ranking top for tough keywords with 2-4% for those kws. So are you also running   campaigns where you don't focus so much on certain keywors let add a list of LSI etc to get high keywords density ?
    5. Do you concentrate on long term seo or do you think it's near to impossible to rank high nowadays for a long time so you rather rank your sites quickly, get $ and create next project after losing position in serps? 
    Sorry if some questions are "too personal", but some guys often share their advices, so I thought it's better to ask and get no answer than don't try at all. 
    edited September 2013
    @grax1

most of your questions are quite personal to my strategies.

I use scrapebox and the search engines within GSA

tier 1
      tier 1a
      tier 1b
    tier 2
      tier 2a
      tier 2b
    tier 3
      tier 3a
      tier 3b

contextual, simply because they are more less likely to be considered as spam, dependant on your content.

I do create additonal campaigns per project solely for generic/lsi terms yes

long term

@Tim89  thank you, it helps a lot to develop a properly strategy for my own campaigns.
  • edited September 2013
    @Tim89,

just a quick question hope you don't mind .
    Nothing personal . Chillax 

Does keyword mean anchor text to you ?
    I see no point in putting keywords when you don't use "Always use keywords to find targets site" 

Because when i check my link they are always unrelated. The only thing related to my keywords is my anchor, because i checked "use keywords as anchor". 

Cheers
    edited September 2013
    @gsasupporter - I always put some keywords because I use the option to add photos and videos related to niche, gsa mostly finds nice photos and videos in my case, not some crap totally from other topic and I think I got this good quality media because of kws
  • other then this , the purpose of putting keyword is useless, because GSA only scrape random site to place your name base on the footprint. 
    To my understanding, I assume that when you add keywords, they are used to find target sites anyway.

The more keywords you have, the better, you'll find more target sites to post to.

Regarding keyword and anchor text, no. Anchor text is more of a broader term, anchor text would include generics / LSI's..

I scrape a list of related keywords using scrapebox, I then also fill out the box below the keyword section in GSA with my main anchors.. Then I re-enter my main keyword + LSI's I'm the partial match and secondary match boxes.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Tim89 - do you know you could cut out 30% of your projects and make it easier to manage, by just combining 1A, 2A and 3A and again 1b, 2b, 3b into 1 project with multiple parent projects. :-)
    edited October 2013
    @AlexR what do you mean? How can I combine t1a, t2a, t3a when they point to different tiers? These tiers I use to 1. get my main tiers indexed, 2. link juice for my main tiers 3. increase the popularity of my main tiers.

I do not wish to have low quality links inserted into my priority tier 1,2 and 3 structure, these tiers are mostly high pr contextual links, those tier 1a, 2a and 3a are simply pushing juice to these contextual tiers seperately. by doing it this way I am able to reuse my link lists over and build 3x the links from those same sources creating a circle of popularity.

My machine/connection is more than capable with the abuse of those project alongside other seo tools, so it's not really a problem for me.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    It just seems T2 is building links to t1b, which should be a moving link type, so they are all getting wasted. I.e. Assuming your t1b are non-contextual moving links about 50% of the links are moving and as a result you're building links to dead links. 

Anyways...just a though. 
  • How many projects is too many? Or is there no limit? I've searched and I've seen the guy above on 450, others with 100, I have 30 at the moment, but am not sure whether it's worth shifting my strategy (don't want to go back and redo the 30 I have now if my new strategy doesn't work). I know I could make the 30 inactive and start them up again.

The new set up would be around 80 projects in total or should I just run all 110 (as it would be) at the same time. It makes testing a little difficult, but I don't want link velocity to drop from the original 30.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    I would suggest you test the 2 strategies separately or how will you know which is having whatever result you get?

Why not just choose certain url's for the new strategy, pause the projects related to those and make new projects for them with the new strategy?
  • True, true. I think I just needed to write it down to get it right. Will split test it with a couple of test domains, just in case.

Cheers Gooner