Skip to content

Is there a Battle Plan Strategy Document like the Manual?

edited October 2012 in Need Help

Hi

I've got the software and read the manual - all excellent stuff.

I was wondering if there is a HOW TO .PDF with a simple step by step tactical battle plan / campaign

as I suspect, a lot has changed and been added since the manual was first written and wider changes

with google and other SEO/Social media aspects.

Is there an all embracing simple "HOW TO" to the get maximum ROI from the software for example....

1. How to Best Promote a main site in terms of keyword targetting and key setting

2. How to set up a linkwheel idea, and how to promote each of the X individual sites/spokes and the main site

3. What Minimum PR one should be selecting.

4. What mistakes to avoid, and what to ensure you do for minimum maintenance and maximum return

5. As for the minutes setting, what IS the best maximum submissions or verifications in a day so we dont get google whacked

Sorry for sounding like a numpty, but I sometimes get "lost" with some of the jargon in here, and have probably just not found

the right solution/advice (which is probably in here), so both apologies and thanks in advance.

Regards

Comments

• This is a good idea. And I'm sure many have thought of this, but no one has time. Haha. It's not that there isn't good information out there on the forum. It's just that it's everywhere. Global Googler has started a few threads on best practices and others have chipped in.

It would be nice to have it all in one page (or thread - though I'd prefer a website page that is properly organized where changes can be made easily by the webmaster, than just add on posts on a forum thread) that gets updated.

I think support and such a manual is very important. I am using another automated tool which is great but it is severely lacking in support and community and a best practice manual. And because of that, I'm thinking of going to another tool that I think has a bit more support for best practices, etc. You can have a great tool yet without the ability to use it well it's not worth much. Of course the advance users may appreciate the flexibility, but a lot of the beginners need some guide.

So right now most of the information you want is out in other threads - check out GlobalGoogler's best practice thread.
  • I would love something like HEYFJ suggests but a lot of those items are probably beyond the scope of the makers responsibility to there customers and would more likely need a successful pro user to make something like that and there are so many variables in SEO that it would be a pretty big challenge to put something like that out. Best I think i could ever ask for is maybe a step-by-step video of setting up projects and every setting possible. (witch basically already exists for the most part). Even the setup videos that one user was nice enough to make will probably become dated very soon with such frequent updates to the software.

I personally prefer a lot of documentation and some kind of a professional level best practice guide because there are so many times I purchase software and then just never use learn to use effectively because I dont want to spend so much time learning to use it. This is another reason that i would vote for the software to be more expensive as this might allow for a budget for the makers to make sure they have somebody on top of creating a good and updated user/best practice guild so its easier for newbies to get started in a successful direction.

But for 99$ I certainly dont expect anything further than this software already offers.

• would it beneficial to have a gsa ser wiki started, to try and keep everything in one place?
  • Where there is demand.....there could be a benefit for someone to supply! ;)

Do you guys hear that? It's opportunity knocking for a separate membership based website/forum. This could include high level SER tactics, HD step-by-step videos, best practice information, tricks/tips to get the most out of your projects......the list goes on!! $-)

With SER constantly evolving with new features added to the application every day, the "membership based" model would work very well, since the content/videos would be updated along with the updates of SER.

Hmmmmmmm.... :-?
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    I vote for the membership forum or some kind of beginner/expert forum. As the activity of this forum will increase as time goes by we need some seperation to help all users. But we need to know "on what level" they are.

Don't get me wrong, in general I think that the forum should be open to anyone who paid for that tool and I hate those "Super VIP" shit. General information should be accessible for anyone.

Regarding the wiki I think its a nice idea but I see the problem that noone or only very few will update it as most users are leechers only. A half-done wiki helps nobody.
    I wish I'm wrong with this, but my experience tells me otherwise.
  • Such a detailed guide would be like the map to a vein of gold. So I think there is no chance it would be available for free (except Sven pays somebody for doing it). Also with videos, FAQ and best pratice guide has been enough content created to use the software properly. The rest is pure SEO.
  • The question is who is going to do this :) Who has enough time to do so? :) Of course, there's money to be made from it so there's the incentive. If Sven does is, that would be great (he could also earn more money through it). But I'm guessing he has a lot on his hands already. So any takers? :)

Anybody knows how many people are actually using GSA - how many people have a license for it?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Check this out https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/436/gsa-best-practice-part-1-gsa-other-services-setup#Item_47. It started some good discussion and has got me researching some aspects to update it further. 

I started doing this and hoped to get the basics of setup covered, but even since I have done this guide, it raises so many questions and there are so many updates, that I need to redo the screenshots with all the extra features! I wanted to add in more reasons for the settings, (like auto disable proxy should be OFF, unless you want the risk of your real proxy to get shown), but I ran out of characters allowed! I plan to do another best practice guide and update it. I am thinking of a 4 or 5 part series, then I can update each part as updates happen. I like the forum part as people can add in input and thus everyone can learn, rather than a wiki. I don't want money for any work, and would be very sceptical of a guide that is charged for, BUT want people to rather add in their findings and contribute to the discussion, then we can all learn. So - if you haven't already done so, please leave your 2 cents worth on the the best practice thread. 

What I have done, is starred any good threads on the forum and I just need to go through them and extract the useful data for my next best practice post. (That's how I did the last one. All the info is there already)

BUT - please let Sven focus on features and updates rather than best practice guides. :-)

I am starting to formulate some ideas for testing features and effects, but will need a few people who can spare a project for testing. (PM if you are interested and we can brainstorm a few tests and how to engineer them. e.g. ratio of contextual links vs blog or forum links and the impact of each on SE's.) 
  • Thanks GlobalGoogler, I think you are the one called to do this :) You've been the one asking around the forum for people's opinions and that's great. I hope you come up with some guide soon!

Let me know if I can help for the testing you have in mind. I am not sure I have a lot of space/time for testing as I'm not using it on a VPS (btw, there should be some guide for this as I'm thinking of moving it to a VPS but have never used one before) and only have 10 private proxies. But willing to help out any way I can. Cheers and thanks for your help in the forum in getting people to share!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Pleasure - it's quite a steep learning curve and I'm hoping to make it a little easier. :-)
  • thanks again guys, appreciate the input;)