Skip to content

A question on verifying every submitted links in one go

edited October 2012 in Need Help

Ok, let’s say I have a project which currently shows 5000
submitted links, and 800 verified. What I’d like to be able to do, is to check
all of those 5000 submitted links, to verify links in one go. What is the correct
way of going about doing this? What I’d like to happen, is for the way it
verifies links during an actual submission run, where the status field is
highlighted blue, and it fly’s through the verifications with the numbers
decreasing rapidly, except this time I’d like the number of submitted links to go all
the way down to 0, so that it exhausts the list completely. I'm guessing I'm doing
something wrong, as at the moment, whether I choose ‘active (verify only)’ or  ‘verify all links’, it still doesn't seem to
do it in this way, instead it’ll verify a number, and then seem to slow down and pause and then chug along for the rest of the time, rather then flying through the list like when it’s on a submission run.

Comments

• Each submission has a "Timeout Date". When you set status to "Verify only" SER tries to find verifications for all submissions. Until the "Timeout Date" isn't reached or a verification was successful the number of submissions won't decrease.

In your case SER has tried to find URL on 5000 sites and after that round it will stop for a while until next round (mostly 60 minutes).

If you want to delete your submissions you can do the following:
    -> right click project -> show urls -> submitted -> mark all submission (ctrl+a) -> right click -> delete selected

But i won't recommend that and just run SER in its cycles.
  • Thanks Ozz