Skip to content

GSA SER Monitoring Issue. How do you monitor your GSA SER instances

Hello.

After 3 months of using GSA SER I've found that sometimes the software is stop working or VPS is going down. This is OK for the program with a lot of projects inside and which is working 24/7. But the main success of using GSA SER is to use it in continues mode. When it stops working you are loosing you potential backlinks and as a result wasting your time. 

So people how do you monitor your GSA instances? 

As for me, I was trying to access all my VPS boxes once in the morning to check all this stuff during entire month, but this is not a professional way, you know :) So I wrote a simple script. It takes a screenshot on a VPS every 30 mins and sends it to my mailbox. And now I can see the real status.

@Sven, is there any future plans to integrate monitoring features in GSA SER? 
Tagged:

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited August 2013
    this may be usefull for you then:

if your VPS restarts automatically than you are able to put a SER.exe shortcut into your autostart folder with one of the following command line options: 
    -autostart
    -scheduler
  • @Ozz
    Nice, thanks. 

But this helps only when GSA is crashed and there is much more issues that need to pay attention (proxy problems, email problems, low LMP, etc). Yes, there are some third party tools for every case, but it hard to maintain all of them. 

The best case is to have a report in mailbox from GSA every day: verified links number, average LMP, number of blocked results, CPU and more).
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Unlike other "developers" in SEO business, I try to fix bugs and not code programs around it. So I would more be interested to find out why you get a crash.
  • edited August 2013
    @Sven, indeed. That is why a lot of SEO people are using GSA. As a developer I fully appreciate this. 

But monitoring is not about crashes, is about being informed. And for now maintaining severals VPSs with GSA "by hand" is a way too time consuming. 

I am planning to create this monitoring tool by myself which will analyze GSA logs, parse them, gather all info I need, pack it into a useful html table and send it to my email. 

But it you are considering to integrate this in future, that will be nice :)
  • For the VPS itself, http://copperegg.com/ is great. The free tier doesn't offer it but you can monitor by process also I believe.

http://newrelic.com/ may offer the same thing but I never bother testing it.