Skip to content

Temporarily ADD "inurl:.TLD/" to all existing footprints for a project or ongoing search

1. Introduction of situation and problems to justify and use new feature
**********************************************************************************

- I do understand that some footprints are often unique single pages on a site and the addition of keywords makes no sense as such sites contain no keywords of categories or so.

- I also know that most Google TLDs have either 300, 600 or 1000 search result depth.
hence after a while we are looping and finding same sites again. in a different SE.TLD some differences, but mostly the top 300-1000 remain same across most of world just different in SERPS

however

I have repeatedly manually used a way to get MUCH more individual sites out of google by adding country TLD using inurl:.TLD

real use and benefit for many

I see there is a real use and benefit for many searching for (article/wiki/etc) sites from particular country to get more links from that country to rank higher in that countries SE

as far as my experience from past many years (at least 10+ yrs I experiment and practice such target site searches with great success)
to have at least a few hundred links from a particular country vs from global sources of BLs brings higher SERPS in target countries.

for example my site has global content, but specially larger interest groups in DE, AT, CH and IN(!)

about a year ago I was G #1 in IN for one of my main keywords and got loads (REAL loads) of traffic directly from IN. Now since a few months I lost lots of BL and dropped to page 2 in IN (or less) and all traffic is gone.

If I add to all site searches
inurl:.in/
inurl:.at/
inurl:.de/
inurl:.ch/

I get totally NEW different 300-1000 results per search keyword from each and every search.

the very same for global content sites
instead of using general (NO country TLD) search we get top 300-1000 sites across all TLD

by adding a country TLD
we get hundreds or NEW results per search
if we run all world with some 200 or so country TLD inurl, then we may expect a similar sky rocketing increase in overall target sites

since .com run out of domain names, general interest sites now often go to
.eu
.asia
.us
or specific country TLD
there is a daily increasing number of new sites to be targeted (and first found) using country inurl:.TLD/

2. feature request details

based on above
a feature allowing on a permanent OR individual (run by run) use of search the quick addition of a temporary

inurl:.xyz/  (with trailing slash important)

to allow for a single session or a project or number of days to search ONLY sites of a particular TLD
to get more target sites from that target country

it also would make sense to add such in a quick edit mode into a pop up and have multiple entries to allow for example the addition of

1. inurl:.de/
2. inurl:.ru/
3. inurl:.pl/

and then SER runs each existing footprint searching like

existing footprint1 inurl:.de/
existing footprint2 inurl:.de/
existing footprint3 inurl:.de/

existing footprint1 inurl:.ru/
existing footprint2 inurl:.ru/
existing footprint3 inurl:.ru/

existing footprint1 inurl:.pl/
existing footprint2 inurl:.pl/
existing footprint3 inurl:.pl/

etc

hence whatever inurl:TLD/ the user enters is added to all existing quality footprints to get country specific target site-results

I have manually tested such a.m. footprints with great success
not only for particular country target sites but simply to get MORE results by use of selective TLD such as

.org
.net
.asia
.info
etc
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    hmm why "inurl:" and not "site:" ?
  • sorry, i just skipped through the wall of text. hopefully my answer isn't too off-topic ;)

you can achieve that by editing your SE and use this for example:

i did that with the "site:" operator which Sven mentioned above. you are also able to get all results but *.com with this:
  • @sven
    of course you can also use site: and all else for the feature request remains same
  • @Ozz
    your solution is a manual solution = making things complicated instead of easier
    no feature to save time by simplifying things = ADD in ONE single popup whatever TLD variation to use in current run for any SE + all footprints

instead of doing it for each selected SE manually
    next version will have it (auto build in).
  • :)
    that's really great news
    BTW above you ask "why "inurl:" and not "site:" ?"
    now I know why I used inurl

I do as habit inurl:
    I tested it a few hours ago to compare inurl: results with site: results
    and found to get a few more results for inurl: vs site:
    theoretically G should have same
    but G never acts logically
    well inurl: will give you more results as it also shows for inurl:.de also www.site.com/language/de/.
  • :) smart
    never thought about that
    tks
  • how this in built feature will work @Sven? am i able to use my customized SEs and they won't get screwed up?
    So when i want to use "site:.com+%search%" only than it won't add "site:.de" (with that new feature) as well?! Or did i need to use the "query_remove=" command for every "site:.tld" you add to the footprints then?
    @Ozz that site:.?? is only added if no other site: parameter is present.