Skip to content

Why Is GSA Going So Slow

So for GSA SER I have got a vps with 1 gb ram and a 1000 mbs  internet speed. Im using 10 semi dedicated proxies from buyproxies (great guys). Yesterday I managed to get an lpm of 10 and after running it for about 18 hours I only got 500 verified links. Today it has dropped to an lpm of 1.52.  For captchas Im using captcha sniper. My CPU usage is very low. 

Like other people posted, Im having issues with proxies I think. Im getting the error message ip/proxy block. Another message im getting is "possible firewall or proxy issue. I have posted the settings of my GSA set up and I am not filtering for pr or anything. 

In terms of keywords I am using a 100k list and for search engines I am using different google country sites such as google.pl and google.com.

I am using 100 threads html time-out of 120 and a custom wait time of 60 seconds. 
Here are some screenshots: 

My goal is to get at least 5k verified everyday.  The question is how can I stop the google block, increase my verified links per day and make GSA run faster.  

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited July 2013
    which search engines do you use besides "Google HK"?
    whats your "Custom time between search engine queries" (in Options -> Submission)? 
  • Custom time between search engine queries is 60 seconds. I am using google.com, google.pl, google.hk,  Here are the search engines: http://postimg.org/image/ac2ormdgp/

• google is a pain in the ass right now and temp-ban your proxies super fast. as a result you don't get any target URLs anymore and many "IP blocked" messages in the log. you can try to increase the query time, add some more proxies or use public proxies for scraping (not recommended as many of them will be blocked or dead already) if you like to use google. 
    another way would be to use other SEs as yahoo, ask.com and aol for instance.
  • This is going to be a pain. I see a lot of people in the serps blasting large amounts of links with gsa. How are they doing it- are they scraping them with scrapebox and feeding them into gsa?
  • re scraping with google
    about 2 weeks ago I had a longer session scraping for another submission tool (UD)
    I did each footprint query manually
    never experienced a single IP block at all
    each time I used a different google.tld - always exotic ones
    one footprint = one google.tld
    then next google.tld
    never my own national google.tld (KH)
    never google.com

I noticed that different googles behave differently and also give a different number of results
    some end after max 3x100 results pages
    others 6x100 results pages
    a few 1000 results total

No idea how GSA is handling the selection of SE made
    - several queries sent to same google (yahoo,bing, etc)
    or
    randomly each query for ONE footprint to another SE.tld

may be a feature could be to wait the configured time - but only for queries to SAME google (or other SE.tld

I belief that with extensive randomization
    = changing major SE for each query
    and changing tld for each SE
    leaves hundreds of queries without ever using same data-center again
    each time another proxy

how much randomization is built in in GSA SER ??