Skip to content

How do you guys move past page 2?

I have about 4 sites that have been stuck on page 2 now for more than a month. I have tried everything possible to move them past but yeah, they won't. Here are a few stats about the site :

- Wordpress site

- One 500 word article

- All in SEO plugin used to set proper title and so on

- Built several links(both tiered and non tiered, even used manual high pr blog comments) 

As anyone been in this situation before? Do I need to add more articles, build different type of links or anything else I might be missing?

Appreciate all the help
Tagged:

Comments

• Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    edited July 2013
    I'm suffering from the same thing with many of my pages.

Although, I have experienced this with many of my pages, just keep doing what your doing, the competition between second and first page might be quite a fair few links, this is why your not seeing any more results, up your links and keep at it, I was working on a page that was stuck at position 10 - 15 for almost two/three months, then one day it popped up to first page position 8, however, I eased off my link building when it hit first page thinking I should let things settle and guess what happened? A few days later it got pushed back to rank 12 and there I stayed and that's where I am now.

links get indexed, pushes you up the rankis, links get deindexed or die, you lose your rankings, it's not rocket science, the only hard part is we can not see exactly how many links we need, which is frustrating to say the least.

Ow and whilst you're creating more tier 1 links, build likes to your already indexed tier 1 links to forcify them while your new links become indexed.
  • all bets seem to be off since 4th of july update, so i have no idea myself :(. sorry if you were hoping for a more useful reply, maybe someon else knows better, just wanted to say im in the sam boat.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Depends how many searches it gets. I rank in top 3 results for most KWs I focus on. Takes 1-4 months though
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Whats your pingdom score also?

How do you rank for pages with no SEO work done?
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited July 2013
    One page sites don't cut it anymore in many niches
  • Focus on your index rate. That is the bottleneck for most people including myself.
  • Thanks everyone for the input. Sweeppicker, I was having the same thoughts. How do you handle indexing?
  • @davbel What you said might be right for many generic niches. I'm doing one page site (with ToS/Privacy/Contact Us) and it's been about 10 days and I'm on first page of UK Google, 2nd of AUS Google, and about 3-4th page of Google.com.

It has about 35K exact searches.

So what you said greatly depends on the niche too. For example I've one health niche WP site with about 40K ES and about 6-8 articles, which I've been building links to since more than a month now, but it has still no signs of being shown in top 300. It's a health niche.

So yeah, this is kinda a smart game, some site with even 100K searches might rank #1 in 2-3 months, where some with just 5-6K searches might not rank any time in page #1 due to competition involved.

If its health niche, authority sites like webmd, yahoo answers etc takes the most piece of a cake, leaving our plates empty or half filled.

Just my two cents.
  • ronron SERLists.com

When your site becomes stagnant in the rankings:

1) Grow your main moneysite. You want to demonstrate you are growing. And every one of those new pages has an anchor link going back to the homepage. It sounds like a subtle thing to do, but it is very powerful.

2) Accelerate link juice. Always start with the lowest tiers first. So T3A and T3 get increases first - then tiers T2A and T2 get increases next, etc. The whole reason to do it this way is to have linkjuice grow using the most indirect method first.

When you combine these two methods, it creates a massive amount of momentum. You should and probably will crack through to Page 1.

• Thanks @ron. Just today, I have started to write new content for the sites, including adding videos. I haven't really thought about that link back to homepage thing. Actually I have noticed for some of my sites that inner pages are ranking instead of the homepage. I will give this a try today. 

How do you go about indexing all of these links at the end of the day. I think this is where I am failing majorly as I really don't do anything with those links once I build them.

Ty
  • @ron Nice post as always. Thanks for the tip.