Skip to content

Email Verification failed?

If im not wrong, SER need real email for verification to work. Thus I have used some account creator to generate yahoo emails. when I tested them on yahoo site, it can be logged in. But when I paste the details on email option, it says "access to this service is not permitted"

Comments

• You have to pay for POP access to yahoo email IIRC
  • Huh what's that
  • OzzOzz
    edited July 2013
    try yahoo.co.uk

IIRC you get free emails with pop3 support there. or use something different like aol-mail, outlook, ....
  • Even the outlook emails I create also doesn't work. Can anyone print screen his email verification option for me? I don't know whether I set anything wrongly.

@ozz what do you mean by free emails with pop3 support?
  • try checking USE SSL

• pop3 is a protocol that let 3rd party tools check the email accounts to download, read, delete, ... the emails you received in your inbox.
  • So what should I do with the settings? Leave pop3 blank or?
  • Great, when I set to 995 and tick SSL. Outlook test successful. Although Yahoo still fail. but it's ok, thanks guys :)
  • here is an overview for some email providers:
    (you need to check the details on the right side of that table)
  • you NEED POP3 = hence check it
    but
    yahoo and gmail and many other free email provider may refuse connection by GSA and other similar tools,
    as they now often require a machine limited access where each machine or mobile device accessing mail account needs to be verified before getting access
    you see elsewhere here in the forum a recommendation to use hotmail = try that
    or
    use a specially created email account on your own domain and switch spam filter completely OFF
  • also check this hotmail service which gives you 50 emails for free after registration which should help for the start.
  • how many hotmail needed for 1 project? And every project must use different accounts?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    For all those who missed it @hans51 - shared a great tip.. "switch spam filter completely OFF"

Easily forgotten as often they get set as on by default and you don't notice it...took me many months to work out why some emails were not getting delivered!
  • It is important to understand that there is a clear difference between havinng spam filter on lowest level and having spam filter completely switched OFF
    With the current hosting I made months ago a test with spam filter lowest level and received almost none of the email verification traffic
    only after switching spam filter completely OFF the traffic reached my mail box.

For site owners running a dedicated server
    if as usual running postfix on your mail server
    the above means that you may have to temporarily UN-comment or remove all spam relevant postfix options to allow all "illegal" or mal-configured / un-configured senders to reach your mail box.

A proper rfc-compliant postfix configuration keeps may be 90+% of all spam OUT without any spam filter at all. hence on a root server with your own postfix you may have to temporarily disable any rfc-compliant sender-configuration options in your postfix.conf

To use other free mailboxes such as hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc may be a convenient option
    however
    specially the better / high quality sites often require an email address @your-domain and reject registration with a free mail addresses ...

those doing SEO projects for customers
    may ask customer to create a new special email box just for SEO and have all project relevant mail / email verification sent to that project's mail box @customers-domain
    one for each customer - each one his spam filter OFF
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @hans51 - with a standard Cpanel, what is the setting? In mine I just had to switch of spam assassin. 
  • @AlexR
    sorry I am old school = never used cpanel or any other admin tools
    I strictly used SSH to remote login and directly configured my servers all the years from scratch
    it requires more detailed system knowledge but allows complete detailed control of server and thus creates peace of mind to be free for REAL life work.

depending on your linux dist
    spamassassin is a "service" and thus has a dist-depending status/stop/start/restart command
    such as for example

/etc/init.d/spamassassin stop
    or
    rcspamassassin stop
    etc

I have exactly zero knowledge about cpanel but there might be an option to stop services
    else google and add your dist to your search
    google for:
    stop spamassassin cpanel
  • When I use real hotmail accounts that can verify mails. I found out my submitted links and verified links are decreasing. When it reached close to 100, and I left it run overnight, when I woke up, it left 30. What was happened? LOL, I'm doing social bookmark project anyway :) Seems like the submitted and verified link in total wont reach more than 100 =(
  • @Ozz BUMP BUMP, can anyone tells me why? And how do I set "auto" category, so it won't pop out to ask for category :)
  • "auto" category: Project Options -> Options -> change the box where it says "ASK USER" to "RANDOM"

i don't get your other question. read the "Inofficial FAQ" thread.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @hans51 - "I have exactly zero knowledge about cpanel" - I have less than that for linux commands... ;-)
  • reeve95545
    because you use FREE email account (hotmail) you may bey default get rejected from many websites for submissions / registrations or email verification.
    good sites require an email address @ the domain you submit
    all else see above
    spammers use anonymous FREE email - professionals have their email and do ONLY legit business they stand up with their own name / address / email
    may be that couild be the idea of such FREE  email restrictions  ...