Skip to content

Scrape Useless Sites?

Hi, let's say I want to submit my links to directories. How do I set the settings or footprints? So it will only scrape directories site, not those edu site or blog or anything else? So it won't scrape unrelated sites and waste too much time on finding relevant directory sites.
Same goes to article directories, social bookmark and so on.
I need real serious help on adjusting the FOOTPRINT, or else half of my life will be scraping other unrelavant categories. Please provide me useful tutorials or instructions. Thanks in Advanced!

Comments

• And my LPM is 0.02 =(
  • OzzOzz
    edited July 2013
    it will only scrape with footprints of engines you have defined on project basis and skip undefined eninges ("no engine matches" or what its called in the log).
  • Oh ya I saw that, then how do I actually increase my LPM. the highest I have is 0.49 =(
  • copy your log (right click log -> copy all) and upload it to pastebin.com. post the link you get at pastebin in this thread.

0.49 sounds like public proxies or not working proxies because they are banned on search engines.
  • Im using 10 semi dedicated proxies
  • nothing unusual. there are plenty of "no engine matches" which means that those sites doesn't allow to built links on (yet) or those engines are unchecked in your project.

i see that you scrape for competitor links. this will leave you nowhere when you limit your engine selection and only works somewhat good when your project uses a good variety of most common platforms/engines.

furthermore you need to consider that directories are limited by nature and not as common as sites with blog comments for instance. also keep in mind that only root-domains ("myownurl.com") are supported for directories and youtube-a-like-sites won't work for this.
  • So I should check all search engines, to produce better submission rate? and for high quality link buildling (not spammy), I should only check important search engine and tick the 'scrape competitor links'?
  • well, it depends. i'd just say that you won't get unlimited directory submissions as they are limited by nature and that the "search competitor" function doesn't work that well when you only use very few platforms for your projects.

best advice i can give is that you should take your time and read through the "my compiled tips..." thread you find at the top of this forum to get a better understanding of the software and how to set up your projects properly.