Skip to content

Insane memory leak

http://prntscr.com/1h0gll

I woke up an hour ago and tried to connect my VPS like 20 times but it failed. Now that explains why. On v6.32.

Maybe its just me, but not sure. I stopped all campaigns but still its exactly on 1 GB memory.

Comments

• I'm unable to close SER too now unless I do it via task manager.

I fear I'll loose the progress as I can say from my past experiences. I've taken backup though.
  • OzzOzz
    edited July 2013
    to NOT lose any progress i usually hit the stop button and wait at least 5 minutes because thats the "auto-save-time" of SER. then i close the app with the task manager. that work fine for me as when i close it immediately then it happens sometimes that all statistics (not the data itself) were gone for the day.
  • @Ozz So the data is maintained? I waited actually 10-15 minutes, but the two projects were not stopping at all too.
  • OzzOzz
    edited July 2013
    no, you need to kill the task with the task manager then. it may help to restart your VPS afterwards. people like LeeG do this daily (along with deduping site lists) if i'm not wrong. i personally do it every 2-3 days usually.
  • Well I need to contact VPS support then, because I don't think we have access to reboot windows VPS. Or is there one in WHMCS? Not sure if powerhosting has. On my linux VPS on other hosts, I do have it.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    I dont think this problem is restricted to VPS only, i have the same problem on desktop machines and no rebooting does nothing to fix the issue.

Mine consumes around 500mb ram even after all threads has stopped and all the pinging and stuff has ended.

I think the issue is related to a corrupt file or something. I have backed up all my projects as well as settings and have send a PM to Sven today asking him if he can look into it.

• @royalmice So assuming you're too having the issue?

Cheers.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

My normal route, after any update.

Update, reboot.

Clear duplicate urls (I do this every two to three days or when I remember)

Then run ser

It always seems to bed in better

Im still running version 6.31 and the latest cb

You can easily go back to that version. It will either be in the main folder ser is in under old or from the start menu and run the old version

• @LeeG Yes, I'm saving old versions of SER too since past 2-3 updates.
  • >Well I need to contact VPS support then, because I don't think we have access to reboot windows VPS

@Pratik: i'm pretty sure you are able to reboot your system. close every running app, hit the start button, click the arrow near "Log off" and select "Restart". if a message pops ups and asks for a comment than just fill the field with a message like 'reboot' and click "OK".
  • @Ozz Ah, the standard Windows way is an option, you're correct. I always thought that on rebooting from there, the system might not come back online again.

Cool, would try it tomorrow.
  • ronron SERLists.com

I go through a daily reboot too because the memory does creep upward if you just let it keep running. As part of my routine I 'backup all' into dropbox, and I only keep the last 2 backups as the files can get fairly big.

If you ever had a situation where everything was frozen and couldn't access your vps via remote desktop, you should have in your email documentation a backdoor control panel option where you can do a hard reboot. There's always a backdoor - you shouldn't have to contact your provider to do that.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Hmm never had any issues with memory. And my monitoring of memory usage doesn't show any leak at all :/ 

• Can't speak for it now, considering after that, I am using 6.31.