Skip to content

posting to n/a and pr0 sites?

I just started a quick campaign with GSA SER with a couple sites I am trying to promote, just bookmarks and social networks for this test.  I specified not to post to sites with more than 75 obl's, not below PR1 and not with unknown PR.

Looking at the resulting window after it had run for awhile, I see a whole pile of "PR ?" sites there, with anchor text that comes from nowhere, not even topic related?  Looking at the list of sites as GSA indexer runs, most are PR0 sites and again with totally random unrelated anchor text?

wth?

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited July 2013
    first off, in my believe an OBL especially for social bookmarks is obsolete. what's the main purpose of those sites? exactly, listing urls of different sites in "Top 20", "Most Viewed", "Latest Entries" columns and so on. because of that it doesn't make sense to me to filter them by OBL, because its naturally that they have lots of different URLs on their site.

regarding your issue you should post a log file of SER. upload it to pastebin.com and post the link here. maybe you need to activate "Verified links have must exact URL" option.
  • re number of obl's, thanks for that input. advice of a "guru" i have been following but starting to understand that perhaps I should "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"...

i fired up gsa ser again, where are the log files stored?

• you can right click the log field -> copy all

paste that then to pastebin.

regarding that quote i had no idea what you are talking about as i'm not a native english speaker. but i had to laugh when i saw it on youtube :)
  • re "right click on log field"

Where is that?
  • the window below the projects where the text messages appear.
  • damn, looks like i did not have the log enabled.  i enabled it, named the log file, and am running the campaigns again now so i can post results to pastebin.  thanks

• gsa project 07172013

on pastebin. also have a csv file but i can't paste that in pastebin or can i?

• gsa indexer 07172013

the gsa indexer csv file from this run, if this helps also

• why you just don't post the link? *scratch my head*

also what about the option "verified links must have exact url"? did you check that?
  • edited July 2013
    verified links must have exact url = not checked.  should it be?

sorry, never used pastebin before:
    http://pastebin.com/aUBmYef6

• you labeled your projects with the domain names you like to promote, right? then i don't think "verified links must..." isn't needed in your case. your log shows me that the filter is just working fine. the "PR.. too low" message is all over the place (296 times).
  • maybe i misunderstood what indexer and the gsa links window is showing -- i thought they were showing links that HAD BEEN PLACED, and my concern was that those links shown in both places were showing PR0, PR N/A, anchor text that was not even the same niche (not the same as "click here" type anchor text).

So if that is NOT the case and those are NOT links that had been placed, then that raises a bigger question, which would be why the hell even show them, what is the purpose?
  • the indexer window isn't showing the PR of the links which were send from SER. it just showing the PR of sites it uses for indexing the link from SER. maybe post some screenshots of wrong anchor text in SER. did you ever use other services to built backlinks?
  • i have some screenshots, how do i post those, doesn't look like i can do that with pastebin?

• ronron SERLists.com

There are many but I use http://postimage.org

Then use the icon that looks like a green picture just to the right of the 'redo' icon.

• ronron SERLists.com
    You're not getting it right. These url's show nothing. You need to paste the url link (no image tags) in the popup box when you click the image icon. I told you where it was above.
  • i don't see any green picture or redo icon. but when i click "show links", it appears these may be ones for "public consumption", as I tried them from another browser not logged into postimage:

http://s5.postimg.org/rg3viyr9z/gsa_indexer_screenshot.jpg
    http://s5.postimg.org/7mrrq9dw7/gsa_links_window.jpg

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited July 2013

It's critical that you and others understand how to do this correctly - so here's a quick tutorial:

1) Save the image to your desktop. Go to http://postimage.org. Browse to find the image on your desktop and click enter.

You now get to the page shown below where you get a bunch of URL options for your image. Choose Direct Link and copy to clipboard:

2) Find the image icon where you leave your comment in a thread, and click on it:

3) The url thing pops up. Insert your URL and click submit:

And now you have an image appearing in a thread. Please do it right. It is sooooo easy.

p.s. When you do this, you will find that all sorts of people will help you.

• OH!!!!!  i was looking for the green picture and redo icon at postimage, not here.  ok, here we go:

• Looks like all bookmarks it has submitted are on PR 1+ sites as specified. The others are Fast Indexer engine sites - uncheck that engine if you don't want those links built. As far as GSA SEO Indexer goes, you cant specify anchor texts or PR of sites to submit to.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    ^^I agree. Just don't use indexer on your moneysite. That's intended to help you index your backlinks. It's spam in its purest form - which makes it great for indexing.
  • thanks @ron and @cherub, appreciate the comments. i am determined to understand this software and not break down and just get senuke cuz its easier, i think ultimately gsa has much more power, once one understands how to work it and what everything means.

so @cherub, i'm not following. in the first image above which is what displays in the gsa window (not the indexer), what about for example the two pr 0 sites in green, which are pr 0 and have japanese or chinese anchor text, which i obviously never specified. *OR* are these NOT sites where my link has been dropped, and if that is the case, exactly what is the data in this window telling me?

@ron, re "do not use indexer on your moneysite", yikes, i never noted that in any of the gsa videos i have watched but so noted. so only click the indexer box if you are building tier 2+ links?

• ronron SERLists.com

I think we are confusing products, but the answer is the same.

For GSA Indexer (separate software, $20), you can use it on any links you build to your moneysite, or tiers that are further down, safely. It does a good job of helping to index your backlinks - that's the purpose of the software. But you don't want to use it one your actual moneysite. Those links are great for backlinking, but terrible to use on your moneysite. They are as spammy as spam gets.

The same applies to the Indexer platform within SER as those are the same type of links.

• @ron Do you use SEO Indexer or just lindexed to get links crawled? If you do, then do you run it on the same system as SER? Or how do you export the URLs? By manually pasting in SEO indexer once a week?

Cheers.
  • Eh? The first image in your post is clearly from the indexer.
  • @ron, yes i bought gsa indexer when i bought gsa ser.

"you can use it on any links you build to your moneysite, or tiers that are further down, safely".

ok and good. i don't have another indexing service so that is good and is the reason i bought indexer.

"but you don't want to use it one your actual moneysite"

doesn't that conflict with what you said earlier? or if not contradicting, how would one "use it on the moneysite", if one was so inclined to do so?

@cherub, i really don't remember whether the first image is gsa or the indexer, or vice versa, sorry. but the same question applies, since there are several "pr ?" in the other image, where i had specified to not post to anything below pr 1 and not to anything with unknown pr.  maybe i am just not understanding what the info displayed in the gsa window while it is running it actually telling me, i thought it was telling me where it had dropped a link?

• ronron SERLists.com

@Pratik, yes I use lindexed as the first line of offense. Every week or two I will export verified links to GSA Indexer. I did a write-up on how I do it: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/3698/indexing-things-i-have-learned/p1

@squawk1200 I never use indexer links, from either product, directly on my moneysites   [-X