Skip to content

spintax inside files being read?

if for example I use this as in the instructions

Can the files names.dat contain lines of spintax like this

This {sentence|phrase|short paragraph} is in spintax format.
This is another {sentence|phrase|short paragraph} is in spintax format.

BELOW IS THE TEXT FROM THE INSTRUCTIONS

#file_links[<filename or url>,<number of lines>,<line output>]
This macro will read a random line from a file or URL and put them together according to 
the <line output> mode. The line output can have the following values:
S Joins the lines with a single space.
L Joins the lines with a new link
N Joins the lines with nothing inbetween.
SP Same as “S” but reads the number of lines not randomly but one after the other.
LP Same as “L” but reads the number of lines not randomly but one after the other.
NP Same as “N” but reads the number of lines not randomly but one after the other.
You can also use a syntax like (<min lines>,<max lines>) for the parameter <number of 
lines>. This would not always use the same number of lines but chose a random one 
between the given range (e.g. #file_links[names.dat,(2,10),S]).
Example: I like: #file_links[names.dat,2,S] and all on this forum who contribute to it.
Output: These are my friends: Devin Ozz and all on this forum who contribute to it.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    And my second question is can

This {sentence|phrase|short paragraph} is in spintax format %random-1960-1980%.
    This is another {sentence|phrase|short paragraph} is in spintax format.

contain macros like the above
  • does it work when hitting the TEST button?
  • I havent tried I have a very long setup if I were to try I would rather know from Sven the answer that way I know how to approach the whole thing
  • than create a small example and test it. if thats not gonna work than ask Sven imo. i don't want to sound rude, but think about this way. if Sven has to confirm everything for everyone than he has no time to code and improve the software ;)
  • Listen Dude Im not trying to be rude either, but this question is meant for Sven. Im sure he can answer in 5 seconds yes or no.
  • As it seems this questions will not be answered, ok I learned my lesson . I tested it and yes everything works in case someone else is wondering.