Skip to content

URL Shortener - Best usuauge

royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
I noticed that recently that a new platform has been added in SER, called URL Shortener.

What is the best way to use this platform.?
For now i have just added it to my Tier 2 campaigns, as i am nor certain exactly what it does.But i assume it just create shorthened URLs from your url list and then submit those along with your normal urls.

Is my understanding as above correct and in the case i guess it would be fine to use it for all Tiers.

Thanks

Comments

• you can use the shortened urls in blog comments or microblogs for example.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

You can do the following...

Main Project - your money site

TIER1 - URL Shortener

TIER2 - Anything you want

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    Wow you guys are on the ball today, got a answer within minutes.

But unfortunately i am still not clear on the Url Shortner usage.

When i select url shortner in a campaign will it:
    a -  Replace my urls with url-shortner ones
    b - Create url-shortner links for all my urls and add it to my url list

The Url Shortner is under options : "Where to Submit", hence i thought it will just shorthen all urls and then add those to my verified urls for a campaign - i think my assumption is wrong

Appreciate if you could maybe explain a little more about the Url shorthener option, or if a thread exist on he topic, kindly direct me to it.

Thanks

URL Shortener are used like any other engine. It creates backlinks. How you use them is up to you. If you want to use them in a campaign, you can use it like I showed above with linking a TIER project to the one creating the URL Shortener URLs.
  • a) you need to shorten them in T1 first and use them in T2 then as Sven showed you
    b) correct. at least it will try to shorten all URLs (of the above Tier)

>The Url Shortner is under options : "Where to Submit", hence i thought it will just shorthen all urls and then add those to my verified urls for a campaign
    which is correct

to get an idea of best usage just imagine for what tasks shortened URLs are used in the "real world". furthermore you are able to cloak your real URL and your comments might slip through moderation for example.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    @ Sven & @Ozz

Ok, thank you for explaining, i understand better not.
    I just use them all - why limit it to a few when you can get more variations and more backlinks
  • you should know the difference between 301 and 302 redirections.... for me it's a crucial thing
    301 = permanent
    302 = temp.

For me it is not crucial, as i believe link variety is just as important.
    I believe a bunch of 301's +302's + original links = looks much more natural than than if they are all 301's

• yup, if we want to be natural against money site... why not, it's like mixing dofollow + nofollow
    but if you want to use them for T1A (T1 -> shorten -> blast shortened with T1A), using 302 is like wasting power for me
  • @ozz are we saying use them as a "buffer" between your MS and your links?
  • OzzOzz
    edited July 2013
    i didn't tried that but thought about it, too. i couldn't find any info about that, but it may be a nice "churn and burn" tactic. that said, i'm not an expert regarding this 301s and if it has an effect or not. 

i use them for cloaking my URLs so far in a more "natural way" for BC and MircroBlogs as addition to my normal system on all tiers.
  • edited July 2013
    I am still not crystal clear on the usage of these either...

If I am understanding correctly it's not actually making a new link anywhere, it simply replaces your url with shortened versions and the only real use for it is to possibly be able to sneak links in places where a long and ugly link is likely to be moderated out.

Other than that there is no benefit to using these right?
    no profile url is made on these shortener domains or anything like that?

@sven when you say "URL Shortener are used like any other engine. It creates backlinks."

You mean that when you send OTHER links through that url it looks like another link to Google? 
    Kinda confusing...

• for me shortener is exactly made for hidinig your long backlink
    in ahrefs/majesticseo all these links generated by shorteners are called "redirects"
    OK @bigmark1972...maybe "backlinks" is the wrong term here. In detail it is a redirect as @ragnar23 is pointing out. I see it as a way to hide the original URL.
  • OK gotcha, I thought I might have been missing something. Over thinking it as usual. 
  • @ozz I'm going to trial it on a site and see what happens
    @sven there is one which is the shortner for Southampton Uni and only allows URLs from soton.ac.uk, so you might want to get rif of that as it will never work unless we're using soton.ac.uk links :D
    Hmm I don't remember adding that engine.