Skip to content

New Campaign = Crash! No error

Hi,
I just purchased GSA SER and installed the latest version, when I start a new campaign the software crashes, no error, nothing, just closes. At first I thought it might be because I was doing something wrong but I've uninstalled, reinstalled, tried an older version and still the same thing. Even if I add 1 single URL and 1 keyword it still crashes. 
Any help appreciated please. Is there a log file somewhere I can check? Can't see any in the installation folder.
Tagged:

Comments

• start SER as administrator -> right click SER shortcut -> run as admin

normally its installed in ".../program files (x86)/GSA Search Engine Ranker" and the projects are saved in %appdata%/GSA Search Engine Ranker
  • Running as admin already but thanks.
  • OzzOzz
    edited July 2013
    maybe @S4nt0s can help you out and log into your system if possible. Sven, the developer, is in his holidays so i guess that S4nt0s is your best bet at the moment .

EDIT: if i have to guess than i would say that SER doesn't have the rights to write files to your appdata folder. or maybe your hdd is full but i doubt that as its your initial campaign without much data.
  • Yea I was thinking along those lines myself, going to try and install it on my laptop, see if it works on it. Thanks
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Maybe you can try with a previous version just to see if that makes a difference?
  • Tried on my laptop and working fine. Uninstalled on the PC again, used Revo Uninstaller and deleted everything, reg files, the GSA folder in roaming etc. still does not work. Tried with a new user account, still no joy either. Where can I download an older version from?
  • Any more ideas guys? Or link to older versions of GSA?