Skip to content

Proxy Blocks & Feature Request

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
I have been thinking about this proxy issue. 

Surely Google keeps a record of the number of searches per IP address.

So let's say you have 30 Private proxies, surely they will see that every few mins these IP's do a search 24/7? Even with a 30s SE delay, surely the number of searches per IP must be so far in excess of the average user that it get's flagged? (even using 5 different Google SE's, if you divide the number of searches by 5, you're still nowhere near the average user IP who uses Google to search. 

I'm not quite sure how to get around the above and would love your thoughts.

FEATURE REQUEST:
1) In the SER proxy checker would it be possible to have an option "Test selected proxy in browser." This way we can actually do a real test search to see how the proxy is performing.
2) Also - the current SER proxy checker, tests against a homepage string on Google. If the proxy is blocked for search, using this test it will show the proxy as working, but actually it is blocked. Can we have an option to do a test search with a major phrase and then check the search results page for a string? 

Tagged:

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited June 2013
    use a custom search string for google. copy/paste the url of your browser and define a string based on your search term. someone posted such an example yesterday on this board (it was something with "college football" and "ESPN")
    keep in mind that this search may conflict with your query time under some circumstances if you hammer it too often like every minute or so.
  • Im using SB/gscraper and public proxies for scraping. I dont wanna burn 100$ of private proxies each month. Google became extremely strict, especially with advanced operators. I think its better to do the scraping with a scraper tool and the posting with a posting tool(SER).
    Its a pain, but if you don't wanna buy 150+ private proxies, this is a good workaround.
  • edited June 2013
    I'm feeding SER every 2-3 days with a quality list and let it post to the global site list only. LPM is 100-150, and that's totally ok.
    I'm also using yahoo in some lower tiers, where I experience less bans.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    I requested something similar. Test proxy in browser might require a plugin though for the browser. I am not sure. I would love to be able to manually input the Google CAPTCHA for my proxies.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @spunko2010 - its more so that we can see in a browser what's going on with the specific proxy. In the same way you can check a verified url, would be nice if there was a way to open a browser with the proxy in question activated so we can check. (yes you can manually configure browser with proxy, but wondering if it could be done with SER?)