Skip to content

Signup on Membership pages with Fee

Hey,

I'm trying not to sound too paranoid, but i checked some roots of my scrapes manually the other day to look for new footprints (especially article/SN ones); and some of them say "Sign up now, its only 15$ per year" etc. So a question came to my mind:

- Can SER accidentally register on a page that requires a fee? 

The point is, im not afraid because of one or two links. But what we do is hammering out thousands of links per day, and that maybe for years. So i'd be a bit concerned if this was possible. I don't think Proxies help much at this point because the provider has to reveal the data in those cases. And sometimes they leak etc.

Your ideas/answers are much appreciated.

- Tj

Comments

• and was SER able to register to this sites? i doubt as it can't register to those sites because of missing credit card information etc. and skip the submission process.

you may want to use the Page Scanner Addon of scrapebox to filter a list for those sites and export it to SER to get you an answer (which will likely be 0 out of XXX successful registrations)
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Yes it can, it also sends me all the topless pictures of your girlfriend from your hard drive at the same time.

If your into bestiality, we are still working on who to send those ones to

What was AlexR's ip again :))

:))
  • edited June 2013
    to be honest i was thinking about that too, but normally those pages require information like CC / paypal because they know about that little bot issue ;)

if i was owning a spammed page i'd probably design it in a way that every bot can register and at the same time accepts that i can send an invoice. then when i hit 2000+registrations i'd get a lawyer and sue the shit out of everybody :D

best regards