Skip to content

Question about ranking in certain country

If I'm trying to rank a keyword in let's say Italy, is it enough that I am using Italian proxies searching all of the worlds search engines creating backlinks, or should I also set the option so that GSA only searches in Italy search engines also ?  
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

It would be better to...

1. Define Italian content for the project

2. Use only Italian search engines

3. Maybe filter out sites with a different language (bottom list in project options).

• Well yeah I got the entire content part figured out and set up, but just was not sure about the proxies part, and if I should use Italian search engines only instead of International ? 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I would not care too much about the proxies being in Italy.
  • when I filter by country search engines should I enable all of them in the country or just yahoo/google/bing ?
  • just yahoo + google imo
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited June 2013
    I don't know how you guys get results with just Google or Yahoo. I have to select about 20 different engines or it's just so slow to find sites.

Maybe it's my timeout for search queries, should I increase this? I have it set to 8s currently, with 15 proxies.
  • imo choose search engine apart from Google increase a chance getting you a backlink from site that has been penalized/deindex by Google..
  • I'm even more confused now, should I use only Google or all search engines in country ?
  • choose 5 random googles and set 10 seconds between searches, start with that then find your spot.
  • By "5 random googles" you mean just 5 different country googles ? 
  • edited June 2013
    yep, pick google US, google RND, and 3 more
  • This is probably a dumb question but what is RND ?
  • there are no dumb questions, just stupid ppl who dont ask... RND = Random.

if you select that search engine SER will pick a random google everytime.

so you will have 4 static selected + google rnd ( random google everytime you scrape).
  • ronron SERLists.com

The other little things that make a difference is having an Italian TLD, and I always would host that domain in Italy if at all possible. Speaking from experience here...

As far as search engines, of course I would cover Italy (every major different Italian search engine - for example bing and yahoo are the same, so only one of those), and any other country where Italian is spoken, or countries that Google may find similar. For example, my market is U.S., and I make sure I have covered other English speaking countries.

I know Lee started it with the 5 random search engines, and I understand the logic, especially as it pertains to hammering google and bans, etc. Yet I do extremely well with 120 search engines. So what I am saying is make sure you have every major search engine in Italy covered, and any close countries that may speak the language somewhere in that country. For example, I know they speak Italian in southern Switzerland, and I am willing to bet they speak some Italian in Greece, France and Spain, as an example. Hopefully, you get my drift. 

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @rodol - why not just choose Google RND since everytime it's a different Google anyway? I need to do some testing on this, but it seems like a simple solution?
  • Alright, I'm trying to setup a project to rank in France right now. I enabled all unique search engines in France, and I researched what other countries have a high portion of French speakers and added them. Should that be enough or should I also add a random search engine to these French countries ? 
  • @AlexR i just didnt tried that, i always pick 4 googles and google RND, try it and let me know, i will use only google RND in 1 project to see if i notice any difference.
  • ok google RND is not what i thought, IT doesn't pick a random google... its same as google international but with random direct ips instead of dns... i dont know what that means maybe @sven can explain.
  • right now in my country specific project I keep seeing the message in the log  IP/Proxy block on Google search engines, what is that about ? 
  • Also I'm getting the message  "possible firewall or proxy issue" in the log   
  • OzzOzz
    edited June 2013
    well, the messages are somewhat self-explamantory, aren't they?
    did you check if your IP/proxies are blocked on google or is it possible that a firewall or bad proxies causing issues on your end?
  • OzzOzz
    edited June 2013
    oh, btw. the Google RND search engine could cause some proxy bans as it seems. if you notice that, than avoid it for a while to see if it makes a difference.
  • I'm using public proxies I found with SER, every time I use them I get these messages for certain search engines, what's that mean? 
    Public proxies are worthless, buy private ones.

FWIW I don't think Google removes proxy bans. I tried some working private ones I had from February. Still banned.
  • of course google unban proxies. that takes a couple of hours though. maybe your old proxies are shared between others and banned the time you've tested

btw, how do you know that the old proxies were working properly. are you subscribing them but not using anymore?
    @Ozz possibly. But they work with Yahoo etc now. So strange.

• edited July 2013
    Wanted to update this: 

I have now finished my first attempt to rank a site in France with SER, it actually has gone pretty successful. Like of the 12+ keywords I aimed for almost all are on the second page of Google in France. But sadly none are quite on 1st page yet. 

At first I was only trying to use proxies that are from France, but then after people telling me that really didnt matter I just used any proxy. And I at first just used search engines from France, but then I added all other countries that spoke French to some large degree. At first I used the filter to filter out only desired countries, but then upon people giving tips to not worry about filter, I took the filter off entirely. 

I'm not sure what to do right now to push keywords to page 1, maybe I should just continue doing what I'm doing? I was looking for a little SEO service out there that could maybe help me out with this but I have not found any. 
  • @hatterftw1
    and how are you tests going now?