Skip to content

Low thread count despite of setting it high

Comments

• @AlexR, sometimes yes for privacy, sometimes just generate something with fakenamegenerator and fill in whois info.
  • I'd not suggest to fill the fake info really. Why fill fake info about which you're serious? Registrars consider this as very illegal thing to do and once when you're asked to provide the proof, you're basically stuck and at stake of loosing the great domains you have in your account. It's a type of internet crime, see ICANN rules.

Just get the whois privacy, like I said, it's free through coupons for most registrars.
  • Free privacy is only for the first year (at Namecheap). If you have 200 domains or more, the cost adds up very quickly. I think that's unnecessary and I'd prefer investing in more domains, content and seo.

But maybe because I never look hard enough if there's a "real" free whois privacy service out there. Feel free to point me to the right direction if anyone knows.

Using gmail, at most I only got 1 spam message in my inbox. Gmail spam filter is that good :) so I don't understand what you guys are talking about. Perhaps my competitors can steal all my niches, but who cares, they have to analyze, build, customize, outsource content, build links. You know there's a lot happening behind the scene no copycat can duplicate.

It's very different than handing out my niche directly in public forum.
  • @audioguy

Just did a research for you and everyone.

Name.com offers free privacy (and that pretty much never expires, you can use that code next year too!). Use "PRIVACYPLEASE" (w/o quotes) for free privacy. ;)
  • I checked and I have about 1,300 domains with fake info. Nobody cares.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @crownvic - do you group them with a registrar panel or keep them all on seperate accounts? (Is each domain on it's own godaddy or have you split them up?)

Just if they are separated renewal must be a nightmare for 1300 domains.

I'm about to launch 30 more sites and wanted to sort out the structure. I could learn a few things from you with 1300 domains!

• @Crownvic what is your registrar? I know at least GoDaddy who would fined you $10 for fake whois info, or they'll re-sell it.
  • edited June 2013
    @Crownic

No problem, was just stating it's good to stay on the right way, but anyway, good luck. :)

@AlexR I've quite a few domains too and it's quite easy not to setup a payment profile as they all don't expire on the same day. But most of the registrars do offer auto renewals so you could setup a payment profile and let them auto renew.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Pratik - My query was whether to use multiple registrars or consolidate them with one registrar. What's the pros and cons of each. 
  • @AlexR You should be fine with single registrar most likely. Few of the basics should you keep in mind are:

1. Not to use fake WHOIS info, not at all. Why enter fake data really when you are using the website to monetize and there's nothing you're doing illegal? (remember, blackhat seo, etc is not really illegal and you will certainly have no problems, even on CPA niches which might claim to offer something). So bind this point very well. Especially with registrars like GoDaddy, lol, I'm sure you've heard many stories on internet and there are many more every day. I'd definitely not advise to be with them, but hey, that's just me. Take my advise as a pinch of salt or bind it to your mind.

2. Pros and cons, everyone has each, to their own. I think name.com and namecheap.com are really nice. I've heard a lot of positive reviews and they're very lenient on their policies too, apart from the fake WHOIS info which NO SINGLE registrar will allow and you'll have some nice penalty for it on discovering it. GoDaddy is very well known for finding out mistakes or every minute detail and try to take fine from their customers whenever possible. Again, that's just me giving advise, take it or leave it.

I think sticking with one good registrar has very important benefit to offer in your case, which is the auto renewal of all the domains by setting up a payment profile with them so you need not to worry about them renewing manually.
  • Here's how I approach this without auto renewal. When I registered a domain, I usually turn that option off immediately. Why? Because at the end of the first year, I have to analyze if this domain is worth it, or I'll just throw it out and start with a new project.

So every month, let's say on the 1st, you login to your account, look at domains that are about to expire in 30 days. Then fire up your spreadsheet and see if it's a project you want to continue or kill. (You're keeping a log of income for each site from month to month, aren't you?)

Just tick the ones you want to renew, and go through the process once. You do this once a month. Put that into your calendar so you don't miss it ever. For those I want to kill, it's time to highlight the cell in the spreadsheet and perhaps remind myself to take a look in 1-3 weeks.

Perhaps there's something I could do or experiment about that project and see if it works. Then if it doesn't turn out well, just start another project with a brand new domain.

Find a registrar that allows you to pay quickly. Namecheap, for instance, lets you deposit some funds so you can finish the process very quickly. (It takes some time for a number of domains though) without having to enter credit card details every time, etc.
  • @audioguy 's advise is perfect.

I too have never setup automatic payment profile for this very reason. But if you need that option, it's there on almost every good registrar.
  • @AlexR, I don't micromanage. I have an employee and that's his problem not mine.

As for registrars I use a lot of them, including godaddy, name.com, namecheap, enom and others.

FYI, just checked with godaddy and I have 232 domains with fake info.
    They are 2-3 years old and I never got a problem with this.
  • still my T1 projects is not building much links so i have decided to research what is the problem and here is the status of logs..

SER searches = 1531 times
    SER returned "000/000 [Page END]" = 1421 times
    "IP/Proxy block" message = 737 times

Sven can you tell me where is the problem?
    i think problem is proxies but when i check my proxies in SER with google and bing then both is returned all proxies (30 proxies) is working.

:((
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    why don't you use that proxy in your browser and see what happens?
  • edited June 2013
    ok i have already checked but again checked and found that all proxies is working with my browser.
    And your proxies are set as private?
  • edited June 2013
    @Sven curious if setting them as private would have to do anything?

Although when I import my private proxies, they're automatically marked as private.

@baba OK that looks good than.

@Pratik that is in new version (ask for private/ on import). If you did not mark the proxies as private you are doomed.

• Sven then now what is the problem?
    still don't understand why SER is giving me above result.
  • edited June 2013
    @Sven, so in new version every proxy needs to be marked as private? What? Why?

For my private proxies, it's marked, but I also let GSA scrape public proxies for searching, so how would I go them marking as private if it's needed after the new update?

Thank you.

@Pratik no than all is fine. It is just a problem if you set the options to only use private proxies and have not marked them as such. Than the program would fail as it can not get any to start the download.

@baba than I guess your proxies are just banned in some way? Sorry I have no idea what this is causing. Any login details to see it live?

• Sven pm sent.

and when SER searching i see sometime it putting keyword before than footprint and sometime after that footprint, why?
    any difference between them?
  • edited June 2013
    @Sven Thanks.

Also I too do have problems as baba mentioned most of the times. It also doesn't seem to search much about keywords but just footprints and sometimes also keywords which are not present in the file at all.

@baba no, that is just to look it more random/natural.

@Pratik it can not use any keywords you didn't check unless you have checked the option to collect and use new keywords.

• @baba - Don't use the built in SER Proxy Tester, the results are not accurate.  Instead use a URL from a normal search and a search string.  You can use the ones below in the Custom Proxy Tester settings in SER.

String: espn

If your proxies do not work using this method, it means they are banned or temporarily blocked.  
  • Laubster i tested like you told and seems my 27 proxies is working out of 30. so i think here is not proxy problem.
  • edited June 2013
    @Sven

Yes collect keywords option is not enabled neither is analyse and post to competitor's backlinks but it seems it's not using the keywords to search at all and I'm only seeing powered by, etc footprints being searched.

edit, it seems like its searching like this:

"my_keywords %footprints%" - Why would it do that? Or I think it's standard way?

Thank you.
  • I've actually never seen a keyword used in a search either.  Sometimes I right click on "Copy URL" in the log, then paste it into my browser and it's always a footprint - but I've never seen a keyword matched with it.  (This is one my Tier 1s which are only Wikis, Articles and Social Networks...)