Skip to content

Updating GSA.

I'm new to GSA and I am now seeing a new update being available.

I don't want to disrupt my project or loose it so I wanted to know whats the correct way to update. On clicking update, it states a warning that I might lose the unsaved project.

I assume the best way to update is by exporting the project by right clicking on the respective project, in case anything goes worse?

Or do I need to backup any folder? Is this mandatory or is the data wiped out after every update?

Oh and it'd be good to know where to see change log as from the software itself, it still shows the 5.99 as the latest, I assume it's because the new update haven't been downloaded yet.

Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited June 2013
    hit the "stop" button, wait until all projects are greyed out. then update.
    changelog will be updated once the new version is installed.
  • Thank you @Ozz. And what about the projects? Will they be lost? And whats the best way to back entire and all projects? Copying data folder or exporting all projects?

Thank you.
  • no, all projects will resume where they ended.

to backup your projects you need to right click one project -> modify -> backup all.

as you are new to SER i suggest to read all sticky posts on this board first as well as the manuals that come with SER.

if you have a question then first make use of google with this search term:
    site:forum.gsa-online.de SEARCH TERM

this will help to get answers to questions that were asked and answered dozens of time ;)
  • edited June 2013
    @Ozz Well, thank you very much.

I did actually watched all the videos Sven uploaded before even buying GSA SER to get started.

I did tried to search on this forum itself, but it actually is not very accurate, unsure if Vanilla has advance search somewhere to just search for thread titles.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

>I did actually watched all the videos Sven uploaded before even buying GSA SER to get started.

I have to correct you. All videos are done by @s4nt0s

• @Sven Sorry, my bad, a typo. :)

Thanks for correcting.

Have updated the GSA, but the verified links that were shown in right have now disappeared. Anyway to show them there back? I know they are present actually and I did tried to see all the options in verified links which had export option but none that can show them there.

Either way is fine though, just wanted to know if its possible.

Thank you.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    right click on the project->show urls->verified.
  • @Sven As I told already I know that, but I was talking about them being saved always on the right side window (last verified URLs) but I guess there's no option to show them there.
  • @Pratik the right column only shows verified links from the latest start of the program, restart SER, it all gone from there.
  • @Dunce Thank you, I assume it'd be so but thought if there's an mechanisms to export there. But no worries either way.