Skip to content

Mailinator / Mmmmail free style email verification???

I'm trying to post to drupal blogs and use one of the built in free mail services and it goes through and attempts to register at some, and some are "successful". Then I have to stop the project and change to "active verify email", at which point it says error logging into pop account and cannot retrieve the emails... I can go to the [username].mailinator.com or whatever and see the emails sitting there. 

How do I fix this and get it to post? Also, why do I have to manually set it to verify email? And once verified, how does it know to go ahead and create the post? 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

You do not have to set it manually to verify unless you turned verification off.

Make sure you have configured the email settings correctly here (click find settings). Because pop3 is not used here and such an message should not appear.

• I click "find settings" and nothing happens....
    Than it might be configured already...
  • Just did it again, have tried using 5 different free mail providers and nothing works. All say failed, and some don't mention why. 
  • Here is a pic of the status:

If I manually visit the mailinator inbox there are a bunch of unread emails in there with verification links... 
  • OzzOzz
    edited June 2013
    maybe your proxies are banned on that site?? to test you could uncheck "Use Proxies" for this service to see if it makes a difference.
  • It is unchecked, so I did check it and it still says the same thing. 
    please make a screenshot from the email config in the project.
  • edited June 2013
    I Confirm! I have the same problem for some time now, but I thought that just has to be. When you click on find settings nothing happens and does not find any settings and so on all accounts of type temp., except that I still have time, the message "error logging for pop3" but on a normal email. Sorry for my poor English Screenshot: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/imagedyxj.jpg/?sa=0
    ok thanks, found the issue and next version will fix it for you.