Skip to content

GSA- incontent. Starts off fast and then slows down.

I've been importing lists directly into GSA. One project only as a test.

Initially, it flies! And then 5 - 10 minutes later it slows down gradually, and then more, and then it grinds slowly.

What is the solution to this?

I have reduced or turned off everyhting I can think of that might be the bottleneck - HTML timeout, no of captcha retries, reduced the sizes of the lists imported, no search engines selected.

Somewhere it is slowing down as the log events get updated less and less frequently as time goes on.

Comments

• what messages you get in the log?

upload a log to pastebin.com. most propably it has not target urls left due to banned proxies for example.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Do you mean its slow as in unresponsive, or slow as in, its not enough targets being found? what is your RAM usage like? if it's the unresponsiveness, I get that and I just reboot every day, it works.

If it's the LpM then I am struggling with that too..
  • thread count drops slowly
  • The thread count stays up, I've tried it at 30, 200, 1000, it's always the same. I have tried it with 50 private proxies as well as without.

GSA is responsive it just seems as though some of the threads hang and then the log only updates 10 time in a minute. The log shows success and registrations the same as before but it just starts to update really slowly.

Tried this on two servers same thing happens

With non-incontent links I get probably a lot faster than most people since I am using dedicated servers for this 75 to 300+ lpm but even this slows down if I leave it for a while.

So far I have tried diff. proxies, entirely new email accounts. It seems like it is something internal in GSA.

Just wondering if this happens to everyone else?