Skip to content

SEO Indexer on a separate VPS

What's up guys? Just noticed that my copy of SER is having a lot of lag, and I'm thinking that it's the SEO Indexer who slows it down that much.

I saw that some reputable members in here suggested to have the SEO Indexer on a separate VPS. I don't mind paying $30/month for another VPS, but my real question is this.

How SER will communicate with SEO Indexer (each one on different VPSes)?

Comments

• I really like GSA products but for the money etc I prefer indexification service.
  • I use indexification service, but I also want to use SEO Indexer more efficient and to improve my SER speed.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Well I am doing 50 LpM and I just stick the number of threads for SEI onto 20 (instead of default 10 and it clears them out.
  • I'm curious how fast SEO Indexer can clear links? I read somewhere 1k links took a day? That's too slow.
  • its just limited by your machine (connection, RAM, CPU) and how you configure the indexer. 100 threads with fast indexer, only dofollow and deep links are obviously faster than 10 threads full indexer mode without any filter. 
  • ronron SERLists.com

I use 300 threads, full indexer, deep links (which creates about 450 backlinks per URL), and I am able to get somewhere around 5,000 - 10,000 per day. (I used to know exactly, but I forgot.)

This is of course on my home pc with about 30 Mbps download, 6 Mbps upload, 8 Gb RAM, 3.4 GHz quadcore, with SER on a completely separate VPS.

• @spunko2010 - what is your VPS configuration?

@Ozz - thanks for your input.

@ron - do you export your verified links from SER to your home PC and then import them into SEO Indexer?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Yes - I put them in Dropbox.
  • @Ozz I know. Just need a ballpark figure about the speed relative to certain configuration and machine it runs on to achieve that. If I got less than that, I know it is some settings or I need to upgrade machines.

@ron Thanks. Exactly the info I need to help me understand what to expect from Indexer.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Have you actually tried changing the number of threads for SEI? I have mine on Quick Indexer mode.
  • This is a good thread, since I'm also just about to put SEI into another VPS altogether (anxisouly waiting for it to be activated now).

Might be a bit off-topic, but I can't help but to ask:
    What's the difference between the thread and timeout in the GSA (Options -> Submission), and if you go to the Proxies -> Options?

Why is the proxy number so much smaller? I don't understand how that works.