Skip to content

Is Penguin Released

123457»

Comments

• Stop using the god damn disavow tool, you guys are just helping Google. Forget the site and move on. Use the content on a new site a build it up again.
  • @claus10

I agree about the disavow tool. Never trust Google!.

But I want to mention that for some folks who got only 1 site it's not easy at all to just switch to a new domain. ( like me!)
  • @Mamadou I understand that, but often it's much quicker just moving the site including themes and everything and rank it (if you only rely on SE traffic) than hoping for some kind of SE ban to lift.
  • spunko2010 Did you just keep building links like you used to and that got your rankings back?
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited June 2013
    @claus10 there is no evidence at all on any of the SEO forums or blogs that Penguin 2.0 is a penalty or ban. Please, if you have evidence to say otherwise then please share for us.

@tcsmith007 I did keep building links yes. I cleaned up my SEO stuff, by using better targeted KWs and avoided using a lot of junk search engines, only Google and Yahoo now in SER for my projects.  I also change my spun content more often, just to be safe.  I am in in for mid/long term so SER takes longer to find good links but it's worth it. No more 100LpM for me :D
  • @spunko2010 I'm not talking about bans, I'm talking about stop using the disawow tool for whatever purpose you think it has. You are just telling Google where to look for patterns and help them devalue the links we create with GSA.
  • @spunko2010: So you just build more links?

Perhaps add more relevant keywords to get niche related links?
    edited June 2013
    @claus10 yes I agree, I won't touch the Disavow tool.

@audioguy yes thats prety much it. I also did sponsored blog posts and social stuff, away from GSA... Don't know if that's linked...
  • ok my main money site got hit today. dunno if its due to penguin 2.0 but it lost some links the last days and now its from 5 KW on #1 down to page 7+.

Hope its gonna recover, there aint much i can do at the moment.

Best Regards
    Well @Startip mine went up yesterday to rank 4 for my main KW, from 11. So it's clearly not finished yet.
  • guys my site which is hit on 6 jun back on again it's previous position 4.
    so now i am happy and keep building links.
    @baba don't count your blessings just yet :D
  • spunko2010 Are you able to get relevant websites linking back to your MS? By that I mean are you able to use GSA to find website about your niche and then get a link? If yes what setting etc are you using for that. I can ge links but the website is usually something completely different. I want to get mainly relevant niche related websites.
  • @spunko2010 - I'm joining @ranknow's question. It happens to me as well. Would like to know how to generate links through relevant websites :)
    You can generate links that are relevant by putting in loads of KWs via scrapebox and then tick the option 'make sure 1 keyword is on the site' or whatever it's phrased as.
  • Yeah I have been doing that over the weekend and looks like better quality backlinks.
  • @ranknow are you getting anywhere near the same amount?
    edited June 2013
    @davbel I am not getting the same amount, or anywhere near. About 5 LpM and I have 5 T1 projects active. But, if I spend 1 day doing this, then the next day doing T2 and T3 with few filters, it does work.... Eventually.

As with anything I am trying to spread the risk and still doing varied link types, just being ultra careful about T1 links.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    The issue with going for filters or more niche specific sites is that some reason SER lowers the thread count even if it hasn't finished the keywords or tried the various footprints against the keywords. I think this could be the issue somehow. 
  • davbel No where near the same... but I am focusing on 75-80% quality links as much as possible. The hard part is to get niche related sites.
  • What kind of engines do you use with that filter? With contextual like article directories, where every article has its own page, this option doesn't do a thing but skip potential backlink opportunity.
    @audioguy thats true but only if you don't vary your filters. I vary them, some days I check that option and other days I don't. Seems to work.
  • What I do is have two projects running set to say 20 submissions per day. You can have one of the projects building links to everywhere, with say a PR 3+ filter on it. You can then have the other project running with the button ticked "only submit if at least 1 of my keywords is present". 

Now you will get links at the same velocity with your normal project, while you other project finds niche specific links for you. :)