Skip to content

Removing Footprints Question

@LeeG @Ozz @ron or any others who would know the answer, I just used S4nt0s tool and Gscraper to yield the default footprint results and am sorting through them now. I'll also be adding some of my own to the mix. My question is, at what number of results do you decide to drop a footprint? Less than 100K, 500K, a million? Thanks much!

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com

I dropped less than 100k, but you have to be careful. Some engines don't have that many websites using it, so using that benchmark universally might wipeout a legitimate smaller engine that generates good results.

Look at the overall picture when you make your decision - hopefully you used all engines so have some type of track record in your results to compare against.

• Mind linking me to his tool? Thanks. 
  • @ron yeah I was thinking 100K as well, definitely not going to be wiping out the smaller engines. Going to be comparing all of the data before I remove anything. Thanks much though!

@JamPackedSpam his tool is here http://www.mediafire.com/?0ca7er18azzlw67 and the directions are below as explained by @S4nt0s

How to use it:

1) Click the search button and load the directory with the .ini files. (usually located C:\Program Files (x86)\GSA Search Engine Ranker\Engines)
    2) Check which engines/.ini's you want to extract footprints from.
    3) Click "Extract Search Terms"
    4) Click "Save" and choose where to save the .txt

*extra option* Check the Append %KW% box if you want %KW% to be added at the end of every footprint. Easier for merging keywords with Scrapebox.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

The easy way is to look at the total results.

Then decide from there

I found a lot of the footprints that's used limited designs, were binned without question