Skip to content

Very Few Submission on 1 Contextual Type

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited May 2013 in Need Help
All my projects are hitting their targets except for 1 project type, the contextual links project. 

I have been running a few similar projects on 3 VPS for a few days now and notice an extremely low submission rate (like under 10 submission per day!). On these particular projects I am getting minimal to no submissions at all. 

I have a:
  • PR3 filter & No OBL
  • Selected platforms (contextual platforms):
    • article platforms, 
    • all soc net platforms (except Plone)
    • all wiki (except tikiwiki). 
  • I have disabled Profile Anchor, Profile Contextual, Profile URL as I only want proper article/contextual links on this project.
  • I have a bad words filter, but in the log it's not rejecting because of this.
  • SE's selected are generally Google, Lycos, Yahoo. (or if a local VPS, then a local version of those)...but see point below. 
Proxies are fine - as mentioned about 75 other projects (x3 VPS') are all hitting their targets, it's only on this 1 project type that it's not submitting. 

I've been watching the logs and it seems it's not finding any targets. I keep seeing:
000/000 [Page END] results on ...

BUT it's on 3 different VPS and each has different set of SE's. I initially thought it was the SE's, but as mentioned, they are different on the various VPS, and still they all show 000/000 [Page End].

Here is a sample log file:

Any and all ideas on how to solve this are appreciated!!!

Comments

• what happens if you double click those SE messages with 000/000 in the log? does it show any results for those footprints?

are you using different sets of proxies on each VPS?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    edited May 2013
    @Ozz - I use a file of 50 proxies and spread them, but I don't think it's the issue since about 200 other projects all hit their targets. It's only this project that isn't getting close! If proxies were problem then it would impact the other projects.

I have run a few of the queries through the browser myself. Some are showing results but some are not. I think that it's a limited number of targets. But how can selecting all the contextual platforms generate almost no targets? It seems that it's not keywords driven.

QUESTION: If I use a German proxy and do a search with Google South Africa (enabled in SER), will it generate South African results, or will it reroute to German results?
  • OzzOzz
    edited May 2013
    is there any difference to all other projects that are working well? is this the only project with ZA search engines only for example?

did you test to just use "Google ZA" and maybe "Yahoo ZA"? i don't think the other SEs are of much worth.

regarding that question: test it by yourself in a browser, but i think you will see same results as with a ZA proxy/IP.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ozz - all other projects are using the same SE's (different platforms, like comments, soc book, etc, etc) and have had lots of targets...all are on Active (P)! 

The only difference I can work out is the platforms selected. I know the PR is 3, but in the logs nothing about PR too low is showing. Only many of these "000/000 [Page End]"

I am only using about 3 or 4 SE's. On the 1 VPS -  Google ZA, Yahoo ZA, Lycos ZA, Ananzi ZA (to test this SE out) 

What's interesting, on my other VPS where I target international terms it also is really struggling to find targets for the same project, but different SE's selected. On the other VPS the SE's selected are:
    Google.com, Yahoo.com, Lycos.com. 

I appreciate the help and troubleshooting...I'm sure it's something obvious! 

• I would have thought that having PR3 and no OBL filter is very restrictive.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    It's domain PR3...surely there are contextual links with a domain PR3+?
  • edited May 2013
    There will be for sure, but not that many in the grand scheme of the internet.  Having no OBL would be difficult in my eyes.  Even a footer link to a theme / script designer will make that site null and void for you to use...

For example; ezine articles homepage has 8 obl just to its social profiles and then another to some fella called Christopher Knight  That is just by quick inspection.

On an article page, there is at least 4 obl (social profiles at the bottom)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Brumnick - by "No OBL" I mean no filter on OBL, rather than "0 OBL" :-) 
  • haha, cool then! maybe change your PR to 2 and see if that helps!

Good luck 
    :)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Brumnick - I don't think PR is the issue since in the logs I am not getting any PR too low warnings...

just getting lots and lots of Page 000/000
  • I think i had that page 000/000 problem a few months ago and couldn't work out why for a week or so. After I got new proxies for the month it went away.  Maybe you have a proxy problem?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Brumnick - 150 to 200 other projects all hit their targets every day...not convinced it's a proxy issue or it would affect these too.