Skip to content

Timeout/interrupt on Verify

spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
edited May 2013 in Feature Requests
Hi Sven, when verifying links via right-click on project > show verified > verify it can take ages and there doesn't appear to be a way to stop it. Sometimes it takes 5 mins to verify a link, however 99% of them do it in a few seconds. Can you please add interrupt option or timeout, like with proxy check? Something like if not found in 30s then it assumes it's not available? For me clicking the X in the corner doesn't do anything in the Verify pane

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    But the verify button turns to an Abort one....shouldn't that help?
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    No because the ABORT button disappears and changes to WAIT button which is not clickable. This is when the delays occur. It seems to sit there and wait for ages
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited May 2013

@Sven, it does fly through 99.5% of the links. I have done 100,000+ at a crack. But what happens is there are the stragglers - the last ones have a problem being identified. After it has gone through the entire list, it seems to take an extra 10-20 minutes for those last ones. 

I just think a hard timeout would work. I wouldn't recommend 30 seconds as that would knock out way too many legitimate links. Maybe 120 seconds.

Try re-verifying a good sized list. You'll see the problem.

Well the timeout is the one you set in the submission tab in global options.
    Sven, I set this to 20s to test it. But it takes much longer...
    Next version improves things a bit but keep in mind that your 20sec timeout are used here between packets, not for the whole websites.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - If I go to View verified url's and I verify those urls. If I have 50 websites verified links that are struggling to get verified when I select "verify url's" does it take the 180s timeout in global settings per link when verifying? I.e. 50 x 180s (3 mins), so these last 50 links could take 3 hours verify? 
  • OzzOzz
    edited May 2013
    with 1 thread, i suppose you're right. with 50 threads 3 minutes.
    edited May 2013
    Well, I just timed it. I have timeout set to 125 and 100 threads. It took 9 minutes to verify 200 links. It got "stuck" on 3 links (out of 200) so this is somethign I would say needs to be adjusted. Basically 197 links were verified in about 25 seconds...