Skip to content

Projects, URLs and articles

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and have learned a great deal from reading the threads and watching all the videos for the last week. I have a couple of important questions to ask. I have a 2 month old website that has 10 articles. I have written spintax versions of each of these articles ready to put into SER. Here is what I would like to ask:

1.) Does one article count as one project? That means do I need to have 10 separate projects running in parallel to start building backlinks to promote each of the 10 articles? 

2.) If all 10 articles are having backlinks being built to them each day, is 10 T1 backlinks per day to each article a safe number (total of 100 t1 backlink being built to my site per day), or would you recommend me to build a lower amount to begin with, seeing as the site is only 2 months old?

3.) I saw that @Ron suggested building links to your root domain (e.g. www.domain.com) first, and then to articles' URLs (www.domain.com/article) after a week or two. Is this what others of you would recommend as well? 

I know these questions may sound dumb but I really appreciate your help to clarify these points. 

Cheers

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1) No, you can put the article in spin syntax ( like {article1|article2|article3|..|article10} ) and the program will choose one random on each submission.

2) There is noone here giving you a safe number. Thats all pure speculation. But I would be a bit more careful with new sites. Maybe other people here have a good number for you, I for myself have not.

3) If @ron says so, trust him. He seems to be someone here with a very good knowledge on SEO.

• OK, thanks a lot Sven, appreciate the help and support. 
  • Sorry @Sven - I am still not clear on this one point - 

You said, 'You can put the article in spin syntax ( like {article1|article2|article3|..|article10} ) and the program will choose one random on each submission.'

But will this will create lots of duplicate content of articles around the web (Which Google could notice)? 

So surely I must have one project for each article, so that I can have a high degree of uniqueness of each version of each spun article all around the web? 

Thank you for helping me understand this point. 
    You can use the spin syntax recursively. Than the chosen article is spinned and posted.
  • Really sorry Sven, but I still can't understand this. Each article is between 500 and 1000 words. Are you saying this example is possible:

Article 1: The cat sat on the mat
    I spin it: The {cat|dog} {say|lay|slept} on the {mat|rug}

Article 2: Ice cream is nice
    I spin it: Ice cream {tastes|is} {nice|sweet}

Article 3: Tennis is fun
    I spin it: Tennis {is|can be} {fun|awesome}

Then am I able to enter the data into SER like this? (please see below)

{The {cat|dog} {say|lay|slept} on the {mat|rug}|Ice cream {tastes|is} {nice|sweet}|Tennis {is|can be} {fun|awesome}}

This means there is spintax within spintax....

{spin syntax article1|spin syntax article2|spin syntax article3|..|spin syntax article10}

Is this how to put multiple articles into one project so that they are spinned and no duplicate content? 

Sorry to bug you about this...

• Sorry, spintax should be

{{The {cat|dog} {say|lay|slept} on the {mat|rug}|Ice cream {tastes|is} {nice|sweet}|Tennis {is|can be} {fun|awesome}}
    Yes thats exactly what I tried to say. Damn is my English really that bad? :(
  • Oh, great, thanks. No, your English is perfect. I am just very detailed to try to confirm information, and a newbie who is a little worried. 

Thanks for clarifying - that is great :) 

I didn't know it is possible to have a spintax within a spintax. 

Thank you :)
  • there is a "Test" button in your project options if you are unsure ;)
  • Thanks Ozz :)