Skip to content

Always got PR-? too low since 5.82

I found this in change log:PR checking is not done anymore for submitted sites but only when verification is successful

I always got PR-? too low since 5.82, and the submissions are not increase. I rollback to 5.81, everything is OK. Any help?

Comments

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    How is 5.85? That's the version we are at right now?
  • I got the same result 5.83 and 5.85.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    can you send some logs? I can't seem to get your behaviour...PR is checked normally here without any issue.
  • edited May 2013
    EDIT: removed copy/paste (Sven) ...  thanks to @Ozz for http://pastebin.com/DtnYpmNY 
  • next time do it this way:

• thank you very much.
    seems as the PR is read from the site lists cache. Try to remove it from there (REMOVE button) and see if it helps.
  • I click the remove button, not help. so i uncheck save pr with urls, still not help :(
  • OzzOzz
    edited May 2013
    this may have nothing to do with which version you running. uncheck "use proxies for PR check" (in Options -> submission) for a short time to see, if your proxies are banned from PR checking.
  • I didn't use proxies for PR check. 5.81 is OK, but since 5.82, i tested 5.82, 5.83, 5.85, 5.86, the same problem. I uninstall gsa and delete the program folder, and reinstall gsa, no luck.

I can't fully understand the meaning of 'PR checking is not done anymore for submitted sites but only when verification is successful', maybe that's the reason?

5.82 - new: speed improved (search/verification/submission)
          - new: PR checking is not done anymore for submitted sites but only when verification is successful
          - new: fix on some engine scripts
          - new: URL of captcha source is sent to CaptchaBreaker for better debugging
  • the latest version is v5.86 already

did you tried this version?
  • 5.86 same problem.
  • maybe its the SE`s that you use when looking for sites?

Let me explain what 'PR checking is not done anymore for submitted sites but only when verification is successful' means:

In older versions it was doing a PR check of google whenever there was a successful submission. This however is a total wast of resources as the PR is only important on a verified URL as we don't know if that URL turns into a verified URL. So I can't see how this is causing any problems.

• I'll install a virtual machine to test.
  • It's odd, new OS, new GSA, new test project, but the same problem.
    This is my PR filter:
    Same proxies?
  • I don't use proxies for PR checking. 5.81 is OK with the same configuration.

I use VPN on new GSA, PR checking is OK now. You can say that means google ban my IP, but with 5.81 and the older version, I don't use any VPN and proxies for PR checking without any problem.

Any help? I stuck in 5.81 for a long time.:(
    I have no clue right now what difference I made that PR checking is no longer working for you. It seems to work for anyone else though.
  • 5.88 is OK now.
    thanks for letting me know. I have changed one tiny thing, never thought it would make such a different (and obviously just for you). We life to learn.