Skip to content

Import urls from api url?

I have a few blog networks on rankwyz that generate about 100 blog posts per day total. Rankwyz provides a url of all the blog post urls that were made on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.

Is there any way to import all these blog post urls into GSA? I see that macros do not work in the URL field. It would be great to be able to auto import these urls on a daily basis with a macro or "import from url" option.

Is there any chance this can happen? Having to manually import urls can get tedious with a lot of projects going. Import from url, xml, rss straight into GSA would be great. If this is already featured can you point me to where I can see how to set it up?

Thanks

Comments

• edited May 2013
    I've seen that before Ozz and I cannot insert a macro into the url field in GSA. It seems the people at Rankwyz didn't test their own instructions before putting them up. There is no way to insert a macro into the url field in GSA unless I'm missing something. GSA throws an error any time I try to insert a macro into the URL field.
  • OzzOzz
    edited May 2013
    whats the error message then or did it just don't work in test mode? that said, i didn't test it so far and i would not call me a "macro expert", but most things are working in "work mode".

just set up a dummy project with some random web20 urls (from tumblr, squidoo, goarticles, etc.) and test it, imo.
  • edited May 2013
    The owner of RankWyz fixed the tool and now this works in GSA with his tool:

%spinfile-D:\rankwyz\urls.txt%
  • edited July 2013
    When I have multiple spinfile macros (%spinfile-D:\rankwyz\urls.txt%) in the URL selection I get the error "Not a valid url." It does work for me when I have only 1... I was wondering if this could be fixed sven or am I doing something wrong?
  • edited July 2013
    ttttt%spinfile-D:\rankwyz\urls.txt%
    I had the same problem scalleywag. What I did was hit the "test" a few times and then press ok and it took. Make sure the url box isn't highlighted too.