Skip to content

Constant pr-? too low

LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne
edited September 2012 in Need Help

Im still being plagued with this problem.

Today I contacted my proxy provider to see if I could try some dedicated proxies instead of shared private proxies, Im still getting the same problem

Ten dedicated proxies with twenty threads and still no joy

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Sorry but I don't know what else to change/add. 

- The PR check is done at the last stage (so we don't do PR checking and see that another filter is skipping it). 

- The PR is now checked over proxies if wanted

...and beside this, nothing changed really from builds where you said all was good. If you know a better solution, let me know and I add it.

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Would it possible that the pr checking needs more time?

A couple of times I have restarted gsa and it starts checking pr OK for about ten minutes, sometimes half an hour.

Im going through every possibilty of the options for searching, posting only, both, proxies for pr etc.

Even gone back to yesterdays release

It dont look like the ips are getting banned for  ip checking at the moment, which is a step forward

well you mean PR checking should have a waiting time between checks for XX seconds?

A longer time for checking?

Bit like we can increase the page time outs if your on a slow network, for pages to load

Unfortunately tonight Im suffering a slow internet connection with our phone line down. Something called sods law in full flow

Next update will check PR in 3 second intervals if no proxies are used and 1 seconds with proxies. Hopefully this fixes things for you.
  • I have the same issue, PR checks often (not always) returns false PR-? results and skips sites with high PR. Probably other users have this issue too.

I have suggestions which could help:
    - ablility to add some proxies only to check PR and scrape - for example i have many proxies which can not be used to post because of possible complaints, but can be used to scraping and PR checking,
    - ability to check PR trought PHP script installed on hostings.
  • Sven, did you change the order in which pages are checked recently?  A couple days ago I noticed that PR checks seemed to be going first and made a suggestion to change that.
    No, didn't change anything on that. The PR check is done at the end of all filter checks

Im going to try reinstalling gsa to see if it cures the problem

Back up projects, lists etc

That way everything is ruled out the equation.

Just in case something has got scrambled on one of the updates.

I run a mirror set up on a second computer today. Three hours running and it was still working

Unfortunately, that pc is a bit under powered compared to the machine I run it on normally, so I could not open it up like I do my desktop. It was running thirty threads and did 600 submissions

I know in the past doing an uninstall with Revo and then installing again, importing projects etc can speed the software up

That was quick lived. 70 submissions with a clean install and the problem was back

Look forward to the next release Sven

Yes, just give me some more time to finish some work and you should have a new release today. But I still don't see why it is a problem for you now and wasn't in older versions. The problem should have appeared before on your end as well.

I was thinking about it last night Sven, whats changed etc.

I have been right over my system. Tried dedicated proxies, complete reinstall

The software runs on my slow computer, but cant do all the projects Im running. Which I tried yesterday

Im running out of ideas as to whats causing the problem

Its possible it could be a coincidence and bad timing

Im using the latest captcha sniper. Plus I was adding new captchas daily to it

In the past, captchas took a long time to process.

Either using dbc, or dbc and captcha sniper

DBC add time to any submission. Be it two seconds to twenty seconds when they are red lining

CSX does captchas in an average of 0.75 seconds. Plus your not using any threads contacting a decaptcha service. All threads are hitting the search engines or submitting

Its the only thing I can think of

I will try adding more search terms in the hope it can slow things down a bit

The machine it runs on, bugs down with high cpu etc. You must have just been too efficient optimising it :)

• Today, after setting threads to 20, PR checking works for me as expected, so we have two solutions: more IP's or slower checking.

So Sven being too efficient at what he does is to blame. :D

Hopefully Svens fix for slowing down pr checking will cure the problem. Fingers crossed

I tested it with 40 proxies last night after the clean install and still got the pr-? after about 80 submissions

We might need to buy them in the hundreds at this rate :)

• I think it's strange and I don't have this kind of problems (got about 400 verfied backlinks/day with just 2 projects) but I don't have any other ideas like here provided. I'm using SER with 800 threads and 50 private proxies (buyproxies.org).
  • I have today 2237 verfied links, 5075 submitted. Global site lists ON, over 30 projects, Captcha Sniper as only captcha service. So probably this problem arises only when you spam a lot. :D

Bytfaker, if your doing 800 threads, I hope thats 400 an hour confirmed and not a day confirmed

When I had gsa running at 100 threads an hours, I was submitting to 1000 sites an hour and 100 confirmed an hour

Been running gsa on 15 threads today, which has killed the pr-? unknown fault. Anything more and it the pr of doom error

• edited September 2012
    No a day?!? I asume you run a lot of projects then? I've only one (don't spam around, check what links stay and reuse them later). If there are a lot projects every verfied link is used for other projects too. If not holly shit.. Then I made huge mistakes.

I use pr >= 1, max 100 obl. no indexer, no pingback, no refferer. use 170k keywords, 50 private proxys, CS X 2 trys, DBC 1 try, private hosted catch-all email, 63 SE's, default skip sites, auto-blacklist of malware domains, delay of 2s between search requests, post only once to a domain.. and it runs since 3 weeks.
    @LeeG is the latest update working for you now with the PR ?

Sorry Sven, had my pc running on scraping keywords all day.

Scrapebox then add those to a keyword research tool. 200k added to one project

In the past importing that amount took a fair time. What ever you tweaked there, made setting and forgetting a dream.

I just started running gsa now after the last update.

What I will do is leave it running over night and see how it goes

It looks a bit jittery at the moment.

At the moment it looks good. 500 submissions since midnight here (01:50am now) and its still checking pr without the error of doom

I will leave the pc running over night to give it a full test

lets keep fingers crossed :)
    edited September 2012

Sven, there is good news and bad news.

Bad news, your a genius and I think you have cracked it.

50 threads, 40 private proxies, results readings from the bar at the bottom

Big drum roll

14,500 submitted 1,453 confirmed present time 11:39am

:D I might run it on just dedicated proxies to see if the results improve :D

Just so others know the spec for the above testing.

Desktop computer with i7 processor and 8 gig of ram

6 meg internet connection

Captcha Sniper X, with added captchas and no other decaptcha service used

• Hi Sven, thanks for you quick updates, however my experience with versions 4.26 upwards are the opposite of LeeG.

Everything works fine when I start up a project however after a while PR checking is only done every 30 secs and everything slows down dramatically. Use proxies for PR checking is ticked.

I have tried uninstalling and re installing but there is no change.
    I'm now getting about 5 submissions per hour, when I used to get about 100 per hour.

I've had to go back to using version 4.25 for the time being.

Hope this is a simple fix, Thanks.

JWF12 latest version which I tested on is 4.28

There was a release last night followed by another release within a short period

• There are still false PR-? results, not that frequent but they are.
    Sven can you add separate proxy list to PR check only, or add an option to proxy list where we can specify what tasks can be done with every proxy?
    edited September 2012

YES great it works now, thanks for letting me know (actually nor many people report things if they work out...just complain and when fixed you never hear back anything from them).

Right now there is no delay on PR checking (I wanted to see if it works without it). All I did for now is no parallel queries to google (just one after the other). This should not slow down things at all as the other threads have enough things to do before it comes to the PR check. It must be something else that you get slow downs...maybe your proxies.

• Hi LeeG, I left 4.28 running for about 8 hours last night and got 48 submissions and 2 verified.

It starts off great for a few mins and then slows right down as all the threads become used up.

There seems to be a delay of about 30secs now between PR checks for me

13 hrs and 17k submissions is better than its been for a while. I used to hit 90 < no k on that, plain 90 submissions then just be killed by nothing more than pr-?

Sometimes playing with the submissions options can help reduce the pr-? of doom message

Last night when I first started running gsa, I noticed a lot

Simply setting use proxies for posting, so my home ip is used for searching and use proxies for pr checking, seemed to cut a lot out

• One question: if I disable "Use proxies for PR checking" and "Use proxies" is "everywhere" PR checking will be done directly? I'm thinking about intercepting of PR checking and done it my way.
    Do You store PR data somewhere or PR check is done everytime SER is about to post, even on domain where PR-check has been done previously?

Sorry for my bad english :)