Skip to content

Looking For Domain Macro

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
What is the macro to insert the URL domain in a project? I found %url_domain% in an old refernence in SER but in TEST window it's not working. Not sure if it's test or maybe the macro is broken. 

I.e. URL = website.com/page1/article1

I want to know what is the macro to only insert the domain name.

I.e. for more information on %url_domain%
for more information on website.com 

Any ideas?

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I think this has a TEST window bug. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    and in what level is that one used?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I am looking to use it in some website description text. I just placed the token in the website 250 description box and hit test and it didn't convert it in the TEST window. 

%url_domain%
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - can you check if the %url_domain% is working in your TEST window? Mine is not converting and only shows the macro token. I'm looking for the macro that only shows the domain of the URL and in some documentation I found this macro. 
    fixed in next version.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thanks! 

@sven - was it a TEST issue only? (I want to enable some projects but want to confirm it's only a test issue before I activate. 
  • OzzOzz
    edited May 2013
    @AlexR: a good way to find out is to setup a dummy project which you configure and activate for such cases.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ozz - thanks! Been wondering about that. 
    It was a test issue only. The problem is that TEST uses a different system to replace variables. It can not use the one on submission for various reasons so if you see issues on TEST, it's most likely only there.