Skip to content

Are Too Many Links Getting Created?

I have a few Multi-Tiered projects running just like Ron has in his diagram at https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2930/ser-tiers/p1 and each Tier I have set 15 links per 1440 minutes with the "per URL" check-box checked. So 15 links per day per project, but when I look at the number of links Verified in the main window it looks like a-lot more are getting submitted and verified.

Like for MyProject Tier 3A which I just created yesterday, the main window Submitted column shows 415 and Verified 105

Can some tell me if I'm missing something?

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com

Use 'submitted per day', not every 1440 minutes. It works better.

You only use 'per url' on lower tiers as 'per url' refers to each of the links in the tier above it. For example, if you have 100 links in tier 1, and you specify '15 links per url' in tier 2, it will build 1500 links per day on tier 2. 

• I am now also having a problem with this for the first time, after upgrade to v7.75.

I have my usual settings at 500 submitted per day and a new campaign just started today is now sitting on 621 verified in a couple of hours!

Screenshots:

Any suggestions gratefully received.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    why is that a problem? Of course verified can be higher as you never know when a URL is put live/online. The program checkes verifications any time and not when a project goes to pause.
  • Just seeing that media wiki no-follows make up the majority of the links. I changed setting to click 'put url where it is clearly seen as spam' and the wikis have gone wild!

Seeing as these are all no follow, only 91 are follow, is there any value to using wiki media? It looks really unnatural as well to have 621 links of which only 91 are do-follow.

Still doesn't explain 2411 submissions when the setting is to pause at 500.
  • OzzOzz
    edited April 2013
    500 submission per day. 5 days until the link will be removed when its not verified until then. do the math...
  • Hey Mitch. Think of it as looking more natural aswell. If you were to post a promotion on Facebook you would get a flood of links as people blogged about it that day. Also only a few will get indexed so further down the line it doesn't matter in the slightest
  • edited April 2013
    @sven the campaign was only 4 hours old.

Sorry @ozz must be having a bad day so be gentle with me if i am missing the obvious, but I don't understand your comment. I don't understand why if i set to 500 submissions we reach 2411. I understand the pop up explaining new account submissions included in the shown total but not in the daily limit, but for the verified to be over 500 means submissions must be way over. How can that be, is it a bug? Only noticed in this version.

@seagul i agree and that's why i am happy with submissions at 500 per day, at the usual 20% verified i get that would be 100 verifieds a day and at my average 50% indexed will only be 50-ish showing. The target is an established High PR Network site that I've previously been building higher quality article-style links.
  • if the project is just 4 hours old than my answer don't make sense indeed. what i meant is 5 days x 500 submissions = 2500. you had 2441 submission in your screenshot so i thought that it would match the numbers.

apart from that it doesn't make much sense to me to use 500 submission +/-3? i mean where is the difference between 497 and 503? however, this is just a side aspect and doesn't really matter at all.
  • On 5.77 now and seems to be back to normal, pausing when target reached.

@ozz use the +/- because its there and didn't think it would slow anything down. Agree don't see its going to help at all so won't use from now on.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Going to try the 'clearly marked as spam' option on T2, never tried it before as I thought it only applied to Forum posts for some reason. Thanks @mitch
  • > You only use 'per url' on lower tiers as 'per url' refers to each of the links in the tier above it.
    > For example, if you have 100 links in tier 1, and you specify '15 links per url' in tier 2, it will
    > build 1500 links per day on tier 2.

This is not 100% accurate. 100 links in tier 1 will translate into 10-40 verified links in a few days, so SER has to build additional 150-600 links to that verified links per day.

The number accrues every day so by day 60, I bet no copy of SER on earth can build enough links to tier 2 and 3 (if you use 4 tiers) every day. That is for ONE url.

I tried bring up this issue with a lengthy explanation in a thread:

hoping other members can share tips about how they handle this before scaling vertically / horizontally. But unfortunately was misunderstood as an optimization and LPM issue.