Skip to content

Performance issues with v5.65 - CPU Usage?

edited April 2013 in Need Help
I've been doing a bit of tinkering with my PC, so can't say for definite whether it's GSA SER or not, but I've noticed a very high CPU usage in terms of the latest version v5.65, and wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this?

I'm testing things out, and at 400 threads, according to windows task manager, my CPU usage is at 100%, with GSA SER using at least 70% for itself. This on an AMD fx-8350 8 core, 4.2Ghz (OC'd) CPU, so it's not exactly slow. And considering, on previous versions of GSA SER, i could run double this number of threads without it hitting 100% CPU usage, there seems to be an issue somewhere.

Comments

• I'm having same problem since last update, 100% cpu
  • edited April 2013
    I've done a complete reinstall of the OS, only installing GSA SER and CB, and still have the same issue so definitely an issue with the software and not my PC.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I will have a look on this.
  • Yea me to on this problem. No matter how many threads I set it to would just max out cpu to the point of gsa not responding. So have just rolled back to 5.64 and everything is fine, so going to wait until 5.66 to update next.
  • v5.66 is already out, but i'm still having the same problem
  • same here
  • edited April 2013
    i told abt this issue before here ..chk my thread..you can easily see in resource monitor that GSA is freezing and using the whole cpu,,

• I just updated to 5.66 and the cpu usage hit 100%. Any solution? I use scheduler that run 4 projects every 20 minutes. I have 30 semi dedicated proxies.
  • reduce threads for the start.
  • edited April 2013
    Can confirm, updated from 5.64 to 5.66 and my CPU is at 100% permanently. Running on Berman extreme.
  • I dropped threads from 200 to 150 and CPU is better averaging 80%. Something has changed though as I could handle 200 threads before with 5.64 no problem.
  • maybe its because SER is building links faster now, so it has more work to do in the same time which results in a higher CPU usage. its just my therory though.
  • I reduced my threads from 120 to 50 and my LPM has tripled !!
  • Hey hello please help me i get a same problem look this pict "http://prntscr.com/124fsy
    thanks you