Skip to content

How Many Proxies Do I Need?

edited April 2013 in Need Help
I'm just starting to use GSA SER and have no clue on how many proxies I need for SER.

I''m on a strick budget. Can anyone tell me if I buy Semi Dedicated Private Proxies - 10 Semi Dedicated from
proxy-hub.com that will be enough?

Comments

• yes that's more than enough to start with
  • edited April 2013
    Thanks,

Is there a cheaper but just as good set of proxies I can get that will work good with SER?

Or can I user public proxies even if the success rate is not as good? Where can I get these from? I'm a NewBee

-Glenn

• of course you can use public proxies, but don't expect anything from them as they are very unstable.
  • What if don't use Proxies at all, what will happen? The help button in SER says this is not required to have proxies.
  • Or can someone tell me where to buy shared proxies even cheaper than proxy-hub.com ?
  • website owners could report you at your ISP. the risk of it surely depends in which country you are living. if you are from Somalia for instance i wouldn't care and take the risk ;)

don't get me wrong, i wouldn't recommend it but you need to decide if you want to take the risk.
  • OK. Thanks. Are Semi Dedicated Private Proxies from proxy-hub.com good to use with SER? I have a coupon code for 10% off for 10 of them.

How many campaigns can I run with 10 of them?
  • OzzOzz
    edited April 2013
    do Sven a favour and use his coupon code for proxy-hub. 10% off with "GSAOFF". i and many others use proxy-hub as well and its one of two proxy provider that are recommended mostly on this board (buyproxie is the other one).

how many campaigns you can run with it depends on too many factors like thread count, if you scheduling your projects, search engine query time and so on. 
    just start slow with like 50 threads, but many use that number of proxies for ~100 threads. some use less, some use more. test it by yourself.