Skip to content

Need SER to post links within article and not at the end!

londonseolondonseo London, UK
edited April 2013 in Need Help
Hello - Is there a way to force SER to post links within the article and not at the end? And @sven would it be possible to add a feature that allows more than one anchor text link when the keyword appears as part of the article - something apart from the %link% macro

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I think there are enough macros already to do that for you.
  • also keep in mind that you are not allowed to post a link into the body each time and you have to put it at the bottom in the author box.
  • londonseolondonseo London, UK
    @sven - is there a macro that i missed that hyperlinks words already in the article? I dont really like the idea of just sticking an anchor text somewhere in an article unless i have to.

@ozz - i need this for wikis and unless am wrong i thought all wiki links are contextual

Thanks
    @sven - what would be good is if one anchor text is the default option but also have the option to add more than one hyperlinked word without using macros.

Thanks
  • OzzOzz
    edited April 2013
    thats not what i'm saying. some engines doesn't allow links in the article body. SER also puts an anchor into the article if one of the anchor words is included in the article if possible.
    Yes, as long as the choose anchor is in the article, it will put a link around that. Only if it is not found, it is putting it to the end.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Put the exact anchor text somewhere in the body and it will turn that into a link.  I use spintax and it places it semi-randomly.
    @sven - if the anchor is within the text it hyperlinks it yes but you said it only does it once and i was asking if it would be possible to improve it so it adds more than one without using macros?

Well how should that work? It knows it has to place one of the chosen URLs and anchor text somewhere. Than the rest is optional and you have to specify that by macros. If you want another URL getting added, how should it work if there is no anchor of that URL in article? It has to add it to the end to not make it unreadable. And than you can end up with two URLs at the end which is again unreadable.

Sorry I don't see a good way to do this. Also note that more than one URL in an article is sometimes not a good idea (wordpress articles e.g.) and lead to rejecting it.

@sven it would work this way - If the text of my article contains  "I love blue widgets and I also love green widgets" and my anchor text field contains {blue widgets|green widgets} - right now what SER does is either hyperlink blue widgets or green widgets - I was asking for an option where if it is set to hyperlink more than one word within the article it first links "blue widgets" because it finds it first then goes on to hyperlink "green widgets" as well if the user has set it that way

Thanks
    @sven - there are also platforms that allow more than one link so it would be good if its an option - it looks more natural when words within an article are hyperlinked and not when a random word is just stuck somewhere in the article - am sure there will be a lot of SER users that will be happy with this option.

Thanks
  • OzzOzz
    edited April 2013
    google this:
    site:forum.gsa-online.de secondary anchor
    @ozz - i just tried that option and it still only adds one link - i tested the page about 20 times!
  • secondary anchor is activated with 100%?
    edited April 2013
    @ozz - 100% doesnt work either because it just shows the secondary anchor alone and not the primary
    @sven - it looks like when SER randomly picks an anchor text and it doesnt appear in the article it puts the link at the bottom - we need a way that forces SER to choose an anchor text that exists in the article
    I don't see much room for adding this really.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @londonseo - I see what you're getting at. You want multiple links per article.

So if you have
    URL1#{KW1|KW2}
    URL2#(KW3|KW4}

And you want a setting that says "2 links per article" if it find a sentence.

"I like KW2 and I like KW3." it will hyperlink KW2 with URL1 and hyperlink KW3 with URL2.

Thus, your article has multiple links on different keywords.

This would be super super useful for many projects! This is much better than using a macro that has a fixed position link everytime. 

@sven - I think this is what he is asking for. 

@londonseo, latest version does what you requested (yes I thought somemore longer and added support for this). And as I know people ask for a deeper explenation...here it comes...

Example: {I like Software|{Scoopex|Razor|DBC|TheSilence}|I want holidays|Razor kicks ass}.

And as anchor text you have Holidays, Razor and DBC. If the program chooses "Razor" as anchor text, it will make sure that the resulting article after spinning is holding Razor in it -> "I like Razor" or "Razor kicks ass".

If the chosen anchor text is "holidays", it is building the only possible article -> "I want holidays".

• JamesJames SEREngines.com
    @Sven nice addition!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - I read your explanation 3x and still don't follow this new feature! 

It seems there is nothing we need to configure as it does it automatically right? Am I correct in saying that if it can't find the anchor text in the article, it then ensures that there is a spun version with the anchor text so that it can place the link in the article, rather than at the bottom?

I don't see how it adds multiple links within the article as per initial comment "add a feature that allows more than one anchor text link when the keyword appears as part of the article"?

It feels like I am missing something obvious! :-)

Bahh each time I try to explain something I get 3 more questions. Next time I leave that I guess.

@sven - There is come confusion because were 2 requests within this thread:

1) For SER to have an option to allow more than one link in article without using macros - So I was asking for new feature that allows one to state the no of links you want to add per article - say a maximium of 5.

EXAMPLE 1
    Article: I love blue widgets and green widgets because i think green widgets are the best things in the world.

Anchot text: {blue widgets|green widgets}

What SER does is just allow you to put ONE link - so either blue widgets or green widgets is hyperlinked.

An excellent feature would be if it allowed you to put up to say 5 links which would be up to the user.

That way if one selected 2 links max it would hyperlink both blue widgets and green widgets randomly within the text because the terms could appear within the text more than once.

The advantage of this over using macros is 1) With macros you are not just sticking a random word into the article and 2) The position of the anchor texts would be random if the keyword appears more than once within the article.

Also the ability to select how many times you want the same anchor to be used within an article - Some users might want to hyperlink "blue widgets" twice to the same URL.

2) It seemed to be that once SER picked up an anchor text and the keyword doesnt appear within the article, it just places the link at the end of the article so what i was thinking was that if it could go through the list of anchor texts or maybe say the first 10 and if it doesnt find the keyword then it can place the link at the bottom of the article.

So maybe an option to select if you want it to go through ALL the anchor texts or the option to select a maximum number.

This would be an excellent addition to a fantastic program :-)

Thanks
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @londonseo - if using multiple links you would also want the option for it to use a different URL for each of the multiple links. Also - thanks for clearing up. I think the feature addition was an improvement in the internal logic of where to place anchor texts. If it can't find the anchor text, it then looks in the spin version and if found there, then forces that spin version to be used. That's what I understood of the new feature. 
    @alexr - yes it could use a different URL if more than one URL exists and i think the option to choose a different anchor text is better than forcing a spin version to be used
  • OK. So does SER automatically add the link inside the article if it's appropriate by default now?

Contextual links add more value than ones at the end.
    @Glennf it did that all the time with proper macros in article. Though now it even makes sure that the unspinned content is holding your cnachor text (if that is possible). Before it had chosen a random combination and sometimes had to add the anchor at the end if that chosen combination didn't hold your anchor text to place a link over it.
  • So, do I need to do the following anymore or will SER do it automatically?

Highly Spun Article having this inside the spun words/sentences...

<a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a>

If the chosen anchor text is not found, it searches for %url% and makes sure that version is used.

Am I really explaining things to awful?

• No @sven, you just have to try and be patient with us mere mortals. :D