Skip to content

Getting a lot of Download Failed & YES I Checked Proxies

edited April 2013 in Need Help
I have never had a problem with this before, but am getting a lot of "Download Failed" errors today. Here are the things I have tried...none have seemed to make any difference. Anyone have ideas/suggestions/answers?

1.) I checked proxies (three times at least). They are not flagged bad in SER. They check fine with Scrapebox & Charon.
2.) I have run using Version 5.51 & 5.22 and get the same errors.
3.) I have rebooted my PC...no difference.
4.) I have rebooted my cable modem & router (I am running from my home PC)...no difference.
5.) I increased the HTML timeout...no difference.

SER is still running and working. I am getting things submitted & verified, but I am getting a bunch of these errors and am afraid that I am wasting a bunch of time/resources.

Comments

• You sure another application/service isn't consuming your bandwidth? Have SEO Indexer running in the background?

Have you actually tried to load the sites which come up as 'download failed' within your browser?
  • edited April 2013
    Let SER run overnight hoping it would just "clear up" by itself. It did not. I am still getting many "Download Failed". I reduced the number of threads...no difference. SER still says it is submitting, but I question if it is really doing much. Verifications are WAY DOWN...1/10th of what they usually are.

@doubleup - Nothing else really running on this PC. I do not have SEO Indexer running.

I can open the urls in my browser just fine that show this error. Bandwidth usage is not that high at all. I stopped SER and ran a test from speedtest.net - got 27Mbps download & 4 Mbps upload (this is what it usually is).

Come on guys...surely someone (@Sven???) can provide some insight/help.
  • Don't know what happened to "fix" it (I HATE IT when that happens!), but I am now not getting hardly any "Download Failed" messages. I switched back to v5.22, but I don't think that was it because it was happening with this release yesterday as well.

Oh well...would still appreciate hearing any ideas/suggestions in case it happens again.

I will probably let v5.22 run the rest of the day and then try the current release tomorrow. (I was in the middle of a "performance comparison" between the two versions.
  • maybe due to all the switching your proxies weren't marked correctly as private/public. i don't know if that causing "download failed" messages though.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    David, make sure when you roll back that you fix the proxy setting because they change. Choose 'Everything' and have all 3 boxes checked (with 5.22).
  • Yeah...I did that. I also have been using the Indexification service, and I noticed that that check box gets turned off when I switch between releases.

I don't know what was causing the problem. But, like I mentioned above, it cleared itself up and I have been running fine since. Matter of fact...I am running at 87+ LpM for the day!...cool beans!
  • ronron SERLists.com

All I said was for you to man up. Now look at you... :)

• That weird I use 5.22 also but I use lindexed and it stays checked when I switch between releases
  • @ron - I think it was that "skirt" comment that got me motivated.
    :P
  • on my vps 5.51 uses much less bandwidth than 5.22 5.25.
    5.51 is usually at 5 to 10 Mbps and sometimes peaking at 30 to 40 Mbps.
    5.25 and 5.22 use 85 to 95 Mbps almost all the time.

Real LPM is much higher for me on 5.51 than 5.25 or 5.25. Before I was using 5.25 5.22 for a few weeks.

@ron you may want to check 5.51 if you have not yet. It may run better on your home connection.

And @ron thank you very much for all your help and great posts. I modeled all my projects the way you do it and they work great.
  • ronron SERLists.com

I tried v5.51, and got a shocking 250LPM for the first hour. And then it went down to 10 LPM for the next 8 hours. Beats the hell out of me how that can happen.

I mean, it showed me that it could be a wicked fast race car, and then it became a go-cart. ~X(

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ron - holiday time for you.... :-)