Skip to content

What is the difference between .new_targets and .targets files?

edited April 2013 in Need Help
Can somebody tell me what the difference is? It seems that i see sites from both of these files when i click "Show left target URLs".

I am asking because i have this problem - i scrape sites (externaly with Gscraper) for 2 different platforms in same group (lets say Ning and Dolphine) and put them as "Import target URLs". Then when i run SER, first all Ning sites come and then all Dolphine sites. I dont want it, would like to mix them somehow or choose randomly - is this possible now?

If not, could you add this feature Sven?

thx

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

this can not be a feature as it would require the program to load all imported sites and than randomize the list. That would mean to waste a lot memory. Anyway to your original question...

*.targets are the sites the program is currently working on...if that is done, it loads *.new_targets and eventually *.new_targets2. 

• Thanks, i get it. So can i randomize the order myself, if i would add all sites to .targets file and change the order there somehow (in excel for example)?
  • how about just shuffle the list beforehand? i'm sure there are tools out there that do this for free. if you have a copy of scrapebox you can use this in case gscraper haven't implemented that function yet.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    next version will randomize the loaded urls from file but thats only for the 1mb it loads...it still does not randomize the whole file content. doing this before the import is a good idea @Ozz.
  • Well sure, shuffle the list before import is the best solution :) But it is too late for me, thats why i asked what does .new_targets and .targets mean...will mix them now and SER will mix lists in next version itself :)

Thanks Sven/Ozz!