Skip to content

1GB Max Memory?

BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
edited April 2013 in Need Help
Is this is a programming limit?  My server has 16GB of ram and I run SER and CB but SER tells me it's out of memory.  Is this a windows limit or a programming limit?  I know it's not as easy as @Sven changing the code from "1gb" to 4gb" but I was just trying to understand a little more.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I get the same problem and have to lower my threads. Like to get an answer to this too. 
  • There's many threads discussing this issue.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Hey @dab, link please? I searched, but the Vanilla search is really bad.  I couldn't find anything discussing it, but I'm sure it's there somewhere.
  • OzzOzz
    edited April 2013
    use google instead:
    search term=site:forum.gsa-online.de 1 GB ram
  • To answer the question, it is a limit for 32-bit applications in Windows.
  • @Brandon, use a scheduler to avoid "out of memory" problem

Also make sure you are using a 64-bit windows...
  • edited April 2013
    that sucks...so the download exe is good to go for 64 bit? Tried looking at faq but no luck on info
  • just use scheduler... it will avoid the out of memory problem.

if you look at my previous post, you will find that i have the similar problem but now it was solve after i use the scheduler.

don't said sucks first... try it and let us know how it goes.
  • yeah will try it....how much time are you giving the projects a rest before you ramp it up again?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2013

SER works on 64 bit machines, but is 32 bit software.

32 bit software can only use so much RAM. My very good friend who's a veteran network I.T. guy says that 32 bit software can only use a max of 4 GB RAM.

I have also read that 32 bit software can be written to only use 2Gb RAM. And I have seen that statement applied to SER in this forum.

But I can tell you that is hogwash because I have seen my resource monitor go as high as 2.5 Gb RAM just for SER.  So I believe the 4Gb RAM rule is in effect.

But if you have RAM or CPU issues, then you definitely run this program on Scheduler. Experiment.

A lot of people do 10 projects for 30 minutes each. I do 20 projects for 15 minutes each if I am in the mood to use Scheduler - normally I don't because my PC can handle a lot.

• @ron, a quick question how do you know how many project you can run? since you said you run 20 project? cause i run 5 project with 15 minute timeout.
  • ronron SERLists.com

I just did it. Try as many as you like. You can always hit Stop. 20 really doesn't take up much memory at all. Try 40 - it will still work.

I have over 100 projects, so if I do 20 every 15 minutes, I get a nice dose of links across all projects every 1 hour and 15 minutes - which is kind of cool.

• With the 100 projects can you explain the settings for 20 for every 15 mins? Do let it rest after so many submissions? 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I haven't turned off my pc since December, and SER always runs. There is no rest.
  • When you say 20 for every 15 mins that means 20 submissions with a 15 min rest? 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    20 projects run for every 15 minutes.
  • edited April 2013
    appreciate the share from ron and darman82