Skip to content

Question regarding amount of spun content into 250 and 450 boxes

edited April 2013 in Need Help
Alright, so I need to work something out in my very limited small brain, I can see that on the GSA regarding the amount of words to be added inside the 250/450 boxes for what ever the platform it's to be added to, it says example: 250 box says shortest words = 1441

I read somewhere that someone said "take 2-3 sentances now and spin that" however to me this makes no sense, if I spin  2-3 sentences it wont have close to "shortest words = 1441" I have checked that on the likes of -> http://www.wordcounter.net/

I have actually been taking complete articles and spinning them, then adding them into the 250/450 x 10 times mostly, because I was told that the GSA will automatically trim the content down to the correct amount anyway.  Can someone confirm that the GSA does trim it?

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited April 2013
    the shortest of your articles has 1441 words.
    however, you are right that SER will trim that to what is needed, but you should just take the 1st paragraph of that article and spin it OR even better go to http://dmoz.org, search for some sites that in your niche and use those as samples for your description pages.

Description 250 = 250 characters max for a description of your page
    Description 450 = 450 characters max
  • Ozz, thanks for getting back to me so fast, thanks a lot for the advice as well. So to clarify, I am right in what I said about even if I add whole articles, it will trim it down by default to the correct size anyway.
  • The way I see it is that it's better to add more, than to add less into the boxes. If I add more the GSA will trim it down, if I add to little then it wont run it at all. 
  • OzzOzz
    edited April 2013
    it doesn't matter imo if you put in 400 or 500 words into the boxes if the quality of the content isn't good and won't be approved by the moderators.

and don't confuse it with an article summary as a description is what it says: a description about a website (= whats your site about and not whats your article is about).
  • OK man, thanks for the advice, I know it needs to be good quality it's cool. I just wanted to be sure I was not over stuffing the boxes, however we both agreed that that wont happen due to the GSA trimming it down.

Thanks for the help :)