Skip to content

Feature Request: Avatars?

2»

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Mouse over the hint in project edit shows you the engines making use of the field.
  • Sven, it freezes when when the OK or Cancel button is not responding. This is after I have hit Ignore or Abort button. When I restart SER, it seems fine. Just that it is annoying if I have some projects still running.
  • Sven i cant find an engine which lists it uses avatar...can u give me an example of engine which does please?  I have yet to see it working :-/

Thanks in advance.
  • just click or mouse hover the "help" button nearby the "profile image" field in your project options. sometimes it takes a second when you are on a VPS.
  • edited April 2013
    Thanks for highlighting that, I didnt know it gave such info over the help:)

I just ran a test. using the spinfolder on social network. using the line in above post.

From 10 profiles created not one used an avatar from my avatar folder:-/

This profile where on phpfox,oxwall :-/
    latest update should improve this
  • 25mins later and an update....I mean come on man..WTF you making other software developers look seriously fecking bad!
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Is there any way of disabling or not using the avatars?

Its a sure sign of a spammer, register, add link in profile and avatar

Straight into stop forum spam

Too many hits on the same forum with the same avatar, bang, straight into stop forum spam

It will show up like a zit on a teenagers nose

Don't touch anything on "Profile Image" and it is the same as before (general_profile.png).
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Cheers for that Sven. It just put my mind at rest

For a moment I imagined everyone posting the same single profile image

Red flag to all site admin with thousands of the same profiles being used on all articles

• londonseolondonseo London, UK
    @sven - I used the contents of a random folder and selected the MyPictures folder - will that work?
  • can anyone explain how to make GSA Ser choose random Avatar from folder instead of 1 
  • londonseolondonseo London, UK
    @ antonyalston - right click and choose "contents of a random file" then select the folder with the avatars

@londonseo yes works like that

@antonyalston enter %spinfolder-c:\folder\with\images\in\% in the field that is normally expecting a filename.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - if I use spinfile with a list of URL's on it, is it slower than if I use spinfolder with the images? It just seems if I have a list of URL's it has to first download them and then reupload. If I use spinfolder it only has to upload them. Is that right?
    Right, because else it has to download the same data again and again.
  • anyone noticing a major decrease in lpm when using avatar??  I guess its due to it uploading the image?
  • I used this but not shown in profiles %spinfolder-c:\Avatar\%

still not sucess 99% .jpg

help needed
  • Sven said:

@londonseo yes works like that

@antonyalston enter %spinfolder-c:\folder\with\images\in\% in the field that is normally expecting a filename.

I'm not sure this is working.
    I've used this and the test does not show a filename of an image. It displays a binary stream which I would think will be an invalid upload.
    I've used %spinfolder-C:\Users\rasta\Downloads\Avatars\W\% so I'm sure this is the given syntax

I'd think when doing a Test on the project that the Profile Image should be displaying a random filename.
    Can you please test and confirm @Sven

edited November 2022
    This actually loads the content of that file and thats what it should do. I can maybe add details on the filename used when being in debug mode.
  • Sven said:
    This actually loads the content of that file and thats what it should do. I can maybe add details on the filename used when being in debug mode.
    @Sven
    I was only doing some reviews of initial campaigns and being the anal person I am trying to see if the profile avatars were being used anywhere and since I haven't yet seen any then trying to determine why.