Skip to content

Seeing a lot of "Unable to save URL to site list file (no rights to write?)" messages

edited March 2013 in Need Help
I'm fairly new to tweaking and getting the most out of SER, though I"ve had the software for six months or more. Last night I went from under 1 lpm to today at 6.3 lpm using some of the suggestions in the large LPM thread. I'm not there yet but it's a step in the right direction. Ron, Lee, and Ozz - you're the BEST!

I've noticed, however, that there were a lot of "Unable to save URL to site list file (no rights to write?)" messages scrolling through. I did a search but couldn't find what was causing the issue. Is there some setting that isn't accurate? I've gone through the Options menu thoroughly but didn't see anything I was neglecting. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• Well, I think I solved it. Literally the system couldn't save it to that folder because I had not given it write permissions. I changed folder location for all 4 and immediately those messages went away and the folder started to fill.
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    thats a new message for me also.

but i suggest to change the site list folders in --> options --> advanced to a different location like C:/SER Files/Site Lists/(...Identified|Submitted|Verified|Failed). you can copy your already created site list of the old location to the new one.

furthermore investigate if your HDD has enough space, but i think than your SER would be crashing frequently already.
  • I set this machine up and I occasionally get that "you're not an administrator so you can't do that!" type messages. I'm the only one on the machine so somewhere in my setup I clicked or didn't click a button. Who knows. It's more of an annoyance than anything. I already copied the other files into those new folders. Within minutes it was being populated and the error messages ceased. Thanks.