Skip to content

SEO Indexer, export queue list?

edited September 2012 in Feature Requests
How about if the list of URLs for seo indexer could be exported all in one across projects and then install SEO indexer on a different machine / connection to split the work?

I have had almost 400 verifieds today from SER... indexer can't keep up!.. suppose a trickle doesnt hurt though

update..... I see its already easily possible from the settings/advanced/tools ;)

Comments

• ^THIS!!!!!!!

I use SER and GSA Indexer on my hexacore home computer. I'm getting WAY to many urls for the Indexer to handle. I cannot even restart or turn off my computer for days if I want the indexer to complete.

It would be awesome if you could export/copy unfinished urls in the indexer and use them on a vps. That or allow multiple copies of the Indexer to run at once and SER could spread the urls out over them.

Either way if you could please address this Sven that would be great.

Thanks!
  • I was/am having the same problem and asked this question before. As it stands right now, there are only two ways to make the indexer faster...increase the number of threads or decrease the number of sites that each url is sent to.

Sven said that he runs his in "Quick Indexer" mode all the time. I did not see any numbers in any documentation or on the wide site (I did not look too hard though), but from observation, it looks like the Indexer is loaded with over 3500 sites. So, when you run it in "Full Indexer" mode, it is sending each url to all of these sites. "Quick Indexer" uses 300 sites. Custom lets you set it to whatever number you want.

I don't think that allowing the program to run more than once on any given PC really solves anything. If you want twice the throughput from the program, run twice the number of threads (or submit to half the number of sites).

All this being said, trying to get backlinks indexed (so that they are found and counted by Google) is definitely a concern. With the exceptional performance improvements that have been made with the past several revisions of SER, it is getting increasingly harder to keep up. I have a quad-core machine, and am running six projects. SER made over 16,000 submissions yesterday with over 1400 verified. I had the Indexer set at 500 sites, and 100 threads and it fell way behind today.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Quick Indexer mode is useing 500 out of over 4500 sites. You will not always see the number 500 or 4500 in list as some sites not always return a reply (timeout or just don't reply with a result at that time to that site).
    new version will have an export button
  • "new version will have an export button"

Thank you Sven, this will really help!! :)
  • Indexer now reloads "aborted" (un-processed) URL's which were in the queue if you close the Indexer while it was still busy. See: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/56/gsa-indexer-queue#Item_10

• Sven,

The export function works but what if I want to only export non submitted urls?

The indexer had already submitted a couple hundred urls and when I go to export the un-submitted ones it just exports all of them. Am I doing something wrong?
    Next version will export only checked URLs.
  • Thanks Sven!!