Skip to content

Devide Engines into Profile-Only

edited March 2013 in Feature Requests
I believe this was asked some time ago, and would be added to a to do list?

But It would be very helpfull if the engines could be devided between "articles/engines/netowrks that build a page" and profile-link only.

There is still the "right click" option, but like tikiwiki, it only builds profiles (I have not seen any case atm..)

Comments

• I have asked for this some time ago, I think it is in Sven's to-do list...
  • yes, Like I said, someone asked that in the past.. would be easier to use those profile links as secondary links.
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    there are some hybrid engines which sometimes only give a profile link and doesn't allow to post contextual links. because of that a seperation of those isn't possible imo.

what hopefully will work some day is an option to just use contexutal links of upper tiers for creating new contextual links on the lower tiers. basically it should work the same way as "use only do-follow URLs", just that it has to be "use only contextual URLs". the profile links will only be a by-product and won't get used for tiered linking anymore.

but i believe Sven is aware of that as i and some others already asked for such an option. just give him some time.
  • "there are some hybrid engines which sometimes only give a profile link
    and doesn't allow to post contextual links. because of that a seperation
    of those isn't possible imo."

i know that, thats my concern, too.

But I think thats just the "last 2 %" to perfection..

when I check ahref, some profile have a much higher rakn than a contextual link/page...

• OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    the only way it would make sense to seperate engines from contextual and profiles is for Web20s imo. those can be defined precisely on what you get.

Web20:
    - posterous
    - wordpress
    - etc.

Web20 Profiles:
    - thehubpage
    - technokrati

but as there are not that many Web20 profiles right now it don't think its necessary. once the platform trainer is available this might be changing though as those profile pages should be relative easy to create (in my therory ;) ).