Skip to content

submit success engine question

edited March 2013 in Need Help
So by nature I am curious how I can improve some engines.

I see why one engine is showing unknown registration on some sites... 

Here is the problem, on drupal at registration step the submit success is failing because immediately after registering it shows the submitt success match on a different page... 

example: 
hxxp://domain123.com/?q=user/register <---- user registers here
hxxp.//domain123.com <---- Submit success match here

I think GSA doesn't know to look at the second url for the match, so unknown registration happens. Can we fix that in the engine somehow?

If we can just assume registration is successful and to continue on verify/next step then that's fine, it should still work in theory ... Am I correct about this?

Comments

• edited March 2013
    *deleted
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    does any of this messages appear in the html code of the new site?

submit success=Further instructions have been sent to your e-mail address.|Das Passwort und weitere Hinweise wurden an die angegebene E-Mail-Adresse gesendet|Please check your emails, and follow the instructions sent by us to continue.|Your account has been created.|An email with your account activation link has been sent to your email.|Please follow that link to activate your account.|instruktioner blevet sendt til din e-mail-adresse.|instructies zijn verstuurd naar uw e-mailadres.|de como prosseguir foram enviadas para seu email.|Ihr Passwort und weitere Anweisungen wurden an Ihre E-Mail-Adresse versandt|Registration successful. You are now logged in.|Merci d'avoir demandé un nouveau compte.|Your password and further instructions have been sent to your e-mail address|A welcome message with further instructions has been sent to your e-mail address.|Thank you for applying for an account.|!class="messages error">|<div class="messages status">|<div class="messages message status">|>Wyloguj<|>Log Out<|users/%login%|>Sign Out<|<dt>Member for</dt>|>%login%</h1>|?q=logout"|is already registered. <a href="/user/password">Have you forgotten your password?

if thats the case than submission was successful.
  • edited March 2013
    Registration successful. You are now logged in.

matches but on a different page where gsa isn't finding it... that's the problem I think... 

It does register and tries to submit but the form isn't matching for the %article% variable or it's not finding it, so I'm working on that... be more than happy to share if I get it working... thanks ozz
  • edited March 2013
    Ok cool, I fixed the form mismatch by adding 

body[und][0][value]=%article%

To the STEP2 and now it submits and finds the link, so guys, just add that to your STEP2 under ---->  body[und][0][summary]=%article%

but now I have another question lol can we use wildcards in the form names?

so like 

body[und][0][summary]=%article%

could be...

body[und][0]*=%article%

• Thanks Skoh, trying it now.
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    nice work, cowboy! <):) 

are you sure about that line number though? line 429 is for me in the middle of nowhere in [step2]?

i would place the new line in 475 like this:

comment=%random_option%
    body[und][0][format]=%leave%
    menu[enabled]=0
  • edited March 2013
    ^ yeah sorry should have just said to put it under the similar one like you did, edited it to the correct line in my post thanks.

It should just go under body[und][0][summary]=%article%

Like this, 
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    i just saw your second question. i'm almost sure about this, but i don't think that wildcards are working for form fields and they need to be matching exactly. @Sven has to confirm this though.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

They can have wild cards (matched when everything else failed) ;) You can even use the first caption of the field seen in html like

Enter your last name: [ .... ]

*enter*city*=%spinfile-lnames.dat%

so maybe this would be best ...

body*=%article%

• is that something new or was it possible from the beginning?
    hmm not from the beginning...I have added it for like 100 versions or so.
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    well, then i've stopped scripting 101 versions ago or so, lol
    Hehe sorry I don't remember when I added this...but it was really some older version.