Skip to content

Want to change vps

edited March 2013 in Need Help
Hi I want copy data from one vps to another, want to know which files to copy + speed is slow when we copy data from one vps to another , how to copy fast ?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Just make a backup of settings (label on settings dialog) and project (right click on projects->modify->backup) and restore on the other VPS. Also make sure to uninstal it from the old VPS.

• If i want to complete software not projects, like sites list etc.. Actually i need only sites list ....
  • so you only want to backup/restore your site lists? then copy every site list file from your defined site list folder to your new site list folder.
    you can also zip them first and unzip them on your new vps then. upload the zip to a filehoster or dropbox and download them on your new vps. maybe that will speed up things for you.
  • I have copy gsa folder from roaming to new vps, that will also be same , as earlier i copied site list from options, tools, import and export to new gsa in new vps ... that can be time taking so , now i have move complete folder
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013

just zip the "site list\" folder to a file, upload it to your new vps, unzip it to the folder you've defined in your settings. done.