Skip to content

Social Signals - How Important are They and What Social Media Bots Are You Using?

edited March 2013 in Need Help
@Heisienberg in another thread recommended Social Exchange Bots - http://socialexchangebots.com

This is a new area for me so thought I'd ask the community here what they do/use to boost their social signals and what effect they think it has?

How important are social signals?

Are some more important than others?

Thanks again in advance for any thoughts shared.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Just came back on here and saw this thread straight away and thought it might be related alright :)

I've been using social signals on one of my sites with not too many, but enough to know if it makes any real difference signals, and haven't seen any major improvement from using it. If i send a couple of hundred social signals to a page site it generally moves up a spot or maybe two in the serps and when i stop it it falls back down again to its original spot.

Still i'd rather be getting real human social signals than purchased signals (even if half the profiles setup are only for this purpose).

Im getting the most use out of it with YT vids at the min though with getting likes and subs to the vids, but i personally wouldn't say that social signals are overly important yet but they could and probably will be more important in the future of seo. And since a lot of the links / social signals you get will contain your site's name its good for branding your site anyway..

It's a bit of a pain and time waster setting up all the profiles on the exchange sites though, and if yer thinking of getting it i found the youlikehits and followlike bots are the best of the lot... No real need to waste any time with the others :)
  • edited March 2013
    Thanks for the quick reply @Heisenberg.

"it generally moves up a spot or maybe two in the serps"
    have you had any experience of this happening on page one positions? That would justify the outlay alone.
  • Ye on page one alright, 4K and 8K exact match keywords targeted... That's on a site of mine that's still suffering from panda and penguin problems and in a competitive enough niche for that only that level of seach volume.

P.m'ing you..
  • Socialadr
    Works well for me. Was using synnd but too buggy. Social signals help build natural looking link profiles and I have found them invaluable for getting page 1 rankings.
  • Thanks @seagul, starting to from a picture now of how I should be using social signals. Thanks everyone for help and advice.
  • edited March 2013
    When you think about what happens naturally? People share stuff on FB, twit, digg, stumble first. People then link from other blogs and blog comments as it gets more popular. Do you think there are any popular bloggers that never get FB likes etc on their posts? Of course not